• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

shacks on course in trenton?

RetiredRoyal

Inactive
Reaction score
I think this may be the right place for this...mods can move it if not..

I'm heading to trenton in the not too distant future for 7 weeks on course.

I have not been to Trenton since *cough* 1996. Whats up with the accommodations there now, can you get modern amenities like internet and stuff?

Depends on which shacks you get booked into.  If you get Yukon or Hercules Lodge, you get internet, TV, fridge, microwave and a bathroom in your room.  If you're in bldg 21, have a nice time (not) and bring your own towels.  Get your OR to book ASAP before space runs out!

On the other hand, your course may have a block booking of barracks already.

Looking at his profile (500-series), and assuming the training is at ATESS - it's a safe bet you'll be staying in the newer accommodations... unless they're full, of course.

All the amenities Moe mentioned, plus your own telephone and voicemail in the room, and daily housekeeping service (make your bed, vacuum, clean the bathroom).  Just like a hotel.    8)

guess that info would have helped..i'm going on the basic flight engineer course...

As I said, if your OR hasn't booked yet, get on it.  I just went to Trenton for two back-to-back courses, booked my R&Q almost a month before and wasn't able to get the "hotels" for both.  Thankfully, I only had to spend one night in bldg 21 and got moved to Yukon due to a cancellation and an early check out.

According to the billboards, the Sherwood has rooms for rent if the Shacks are full.

Gramps said:
According to the billboards, the Sherwood has rooms for rent if the Shacks are full.

Do you get a complimentary 10-day course of antibiotics with each stay?

And dont forget the trip to the Mental Health people for Post Traumatic Sherwood Disorder.

Just a reminder that the internet in Yukon and Hercules Lodges is not wireless so make sure you have a cable.

PMedMoe said:
Just a reminder that the internet in Yukon and Hercules Lodges is not wireless so make sure you have a cable.

Ethernet straight-through (not crossover) variety, at least 4' long if you only plan to use a computer at the provided desk - longer if you want to roam around the room with it.

Back