• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sexual Assault & Sexual Misconduct in the CF

Not having the CFAO in front of me... I'll have to check tomorrow.
Wasn't it some kind of cleaning chemical for inside of airplanes??
*trying to remember

EDIT: I'm thinking of something else aren't I?

Although permethrin hasn't been widely sold to consumers in Canada, it's been approved for other uses for years, including in military outerwear and for livestock.

Methoxychlor.

I enjoy how many chemicals that are brought in to replace other chemicals turn out to just be different kinds of bad, and in some cases demonstrably worse.

A lot of the AFFF alternatives for firefighting, which is intended to get rid of PFAS in the foam (added so that it works much better, and modern C6 foams being more long term possible effects) are being replaced with flourine free foams that have accute toxicology issues while not actually working as well for the fire fighting.

So instead of maybe impacting people eventually, it will hurt people now, while also letting stuff keep burning. Meanwhile, AFFF is only about 5% of PFAS usage, and still in every day stuff like food packaging, makeup, textiles etc, which is where most of the contamination comes from as part of run off from processing plants.

So dumb.

On the plus side, at least DDT is still being used to fight malaria, which still kills hundreds of thousands of people every year.

Not really; we’re back to keeping unwanted creatures out of your pants.
schitts creek no GIF by CBC

Back