• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection dates for combat arms (and Aerospace Control Operator)

Evancai

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm at the point in my application where I'm waiting for the call. Got my interview, medical, references, etc all cleared. I applied for Aerospace Control Operator, Armored Soldier and Combat Engineer. I was merit listed on January 15th.

The reason I'm asking is I just got offered a higher position at my current work. A promotion. I'm not sure if I should take it, given that I don't have an idea of when I'll be selected for the occupations I chose. And I don't want to accept the promotion and then like 10 days later get the call saying, " Evancai, you've been selected." I'd be kinda like a big f*** you to the company I'm working for.

So, does anyone have a good idea when they'll start selecting for the occupations I selected? I heard some people saying Feb. 1, and I heard some saying it's been changed to like March or something.

Thanks for maybe answering my question. P.S: I'm not looking for an accurate date (although that would be nice). Just a general "oh the second week of Febuary or the first week of March". Something like that.

Not to be an ass or anything but you already asked that question and already got your answer, DAA told you in the recruiting process thread, selection were due on February 1 then the date was pushed to mid march DAA saying he wasn't sure of the exact date and that was for most NCM trades. You got your answer, don't ask the same question, don't start a thread when you already got what you were searching for I think the mod in here have a very limited patience for this.

Evancai said:
I'm at the point in my application where I'm waiting for the call. Got my interview, medical, references, etc all cleared. I applied for Aerospace Control Operator, Armored Soldier and Combat Engineer. I was merit listed on January 15th.
The reason I'm asking is I just got offered a higher position at my current work. A promotion. I'm not sure if I should take it, given that I don't have an idea of when I'll be selected for the occupations I chose. And I don't want to accept the promotion and then like 10 days later get the call saying, " Evancai, you've been selected." I'd be kinda like a big f*** you to the company I'm working for.
So, does anyone have a good idea when they'll start selecting for the occupations I selected? I heard some people saying Feb. 1, and I heard some saying it's been changed to like March or something.
Thanks for maybe answering my question. P.S: I'm not looking for an accurate date (although that would be nice). Just a general "oh the second week of Febuary or the first week of March". Something like that.

At the moment, probably sometime around 18 Mar but stranger things have happened.

I ran into a similar problem when I applied - at the end of the day while you would not want to insult your former employer, ultimately you "know" you can get a promotion at your current place of work, but have no idea if/when you will be offered employment with the CF.  Go with what you know, and make judgements about what could be when it comes up.  You may be waiting a long time.

If it feels unethical to take the promotion while waiting to join, why not simply tell them what the situation is?  If they still want to promote you, they will - if not, problem solved.

Back