• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

second thoughts...

It's normal self-doubt. Keep your eye on the ball.

Given time, I think the majority of your friends will respect what you did.

Lazarus** said:
The more I think about it and the more I prepare for the day that I leave for St.Jean for BMQ, and the more and more I'm starting to get second thoughts about joining. Kinda ridiculous given that in my other posts, I'm very enthusiastic about it. Dont get me wrong but yes I am, I've always, always wanted to join. But reason being for not wanting to join, especially this early in the game is that out of all my friends I'm the only one who truly believes in our Military, wholeheartedly. But I'm always hearing them say what a bad thing the military is, and how everyone who joins is "lost" to put it nicely..so that much harder..I dont know if anyone has or is goin through the same thing as I am....

So I ask you...is there anything I can do to help me stay focused on what I want?

:crybaby:

Just get on with it, thats my advice. You were a strong enough a person to make that choice for yourself thus you are strong enough to stick with it.

SprCForr said:

Who cares ! Soon you will make new and much better friends anyways.

SprCForr said:
It's normal self-doubt. Keep your eye on the ball.

Oh believe me, theres nothing I want more then to join the CF. :)
But it sure doesnt help hearing all that negativity you know??

Lazarus** said:
But it sure doesnt help hearing all that negativity you know??

F**k 'em

If they were truely your "friends" they would wish you well and leave it at that. They dont have to agree with what you are doing but they should support you because you made a concious decision to do what YOU wanted to do.

Cut them loose.  You will soon be making friends that you will have for life.

CDN Aviator said:
F**k 'em

If they were truely your "friends" they would wish you well and leave it at that. They dont have to agree with what you are doing but they should support you because you made a concious decision to do what YOU wanted to do.

Cut them loose.  You will soon be making friends that you will have for life.

Yea..I see what your saying.
Guess I wont be talking with them for awhile, been thinking about that too...you know just cutting them loose and what have you.

Oh hell no! Me? Married?  :o
Dont think so..im only 20 young years of age

Lazarus** said:
The more I think about it and the more I prepare for the day that I leave for St.Jean for BMQ, and the more and more I'm starting to get second thoughts about joining. Kinda ridiculous given that in my other posts, I'm very enthusiastic about it. Dont get me wrong but yes I am, I've always, always wanted to join. But reason being for not wanting to join, especially this early in the game is that out of all my friends I'm the only one who truly believes in our Military, wholeheartedly. But I'm always hearing them say what a bad thing the military is, and how everyone who joins is "lost" to put it nicely..so that much harder..I dont know if anyone has or is goin through the same thing as I am....

So I ask you...is there anything I can do to help me stay focused on what I want?

I was like that u until the second i left the taxi outside the green door. "You could just turn back now, its not too late.." and all that rubbish was floating around and stuff, but I stuck it out. Just have to keep telling it to screw off and remember what it is you're getting out of it all .

As for friends, they change their tune rather quick. For example, I was talking to an ex girlfriend of mine today for the first time in 2 years (just around the same amount of time i have in....draw your own conclusions :p). She told me she was proud of me, and that she thinks I'm the most successful person out of her friends. So people can about turn on stuff at the drop of a hat.

So here is my Sig Op Advice....

"Wait - Out"

:salute:

Just had to ask.  That's what this sounds like......Groom/Bride having cold feet just prior to the Change of Command Ceremony.

Thanks guys,

You've helped me put things in better perspective now.
I know what I want, and I'm going to get it.  8)

Simple as that....

funny here it is almost 3 yrs after I first started this thread and I was the one with 'cold feet'... well I did jump in with both feet and signed for another 3 yr contract. The military has been great for me and I have no regrets!
I did however, remuster to RMS clerk in the meantime... guess I should change my settings on my profile now to reflect that.
Thanks to everyone who gave me that little push I needed to get my butt onto that bus to St-Jean.

Tee said:
...it is almost 3 yrs after I first started this thread and I was the one with 'cold feet'... signed for another 3 yr contract. The military has been great for me and I have no regrets!!

words that inspire me....
with the new year approaching in less then 24 hours I cant think of a better resolution for 2008.

Back