• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Russian, what do think?

I‘m impressed. This has been one of the most entertaining columns I‘ve read in a while...and there have been some good ones.

Ok Harry or Recce41 (or anyone that has info to add) here‘s another one for you. Harry seems to have a good grasp on what was going on when CF Europe was closing down. A rumour that I heard as a young trooper on the Mattawa Plains was regarding the train load of armoured vehicles returning to Pet from Europe (via container ship).
Apparently the train arrived outside of Pet just after working hours one night. Officials decided to park the train on a side track for the night, what would one night matter, right? From what I heard, some local yokels (or were they CF soldiers?) managed to crack open the hatch on a Badger or ARV (details unclear). They started up this piece of heavy armour, pivoted off the rail car, combat dropped on to the ground and took off into the bush. The next day, as the train was entering the rail-head at Pet, officials were counting the vehicles as they came by them. Leo, leo, leo, ARV, ARV, Leo, EMPTY CAR, Leo..... Needless to say, they were perplexed indeed...
Apparently a few days later, the OPP found the missing vehicle abandoned in a gravel pit, fuel tanks empty.

Ok Harry, Recce41, anyone else..... Add your rebuttal or supporting evidence now.
:tank:

After pushing one around Europe, at 21 MPH, for 3 1/2 years. I can state that the Centurion DID NOT have an escape hatch.

The turret for the c2 is from leopard 1A5‘s from germany. The C1 was a welded turret, the same as a leo 1A3. I‘m not sure about the logic behind going back to a cast turret, perhaps to accomodate all the fire control computer stuff. I‘m just starting a leopard D and M course and to be honest I‘d rather be a crewman on a coyote in a recce squadron because of maintenance factors and actual time behind the wheel but oh well, it seems like people are constantly moving around between squadrons these days.

Back