• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RMS Clk Occupation Name & Job Function

Gunner said:
Allan, you may be thinking of comments attributed to LCol Eyre that were discussed on another thread. 

I'm a bit biased as an MBA student...

You are correct. I just found the link: http://www.canada.com/components/print.aspx?id=4a4c88c0-164f-4542-99e8-33cc98f1a1f5.

It sounded a bit like a "Hillier-ism" I 'spose, hence the desire to give credit to "The Boss" for such a quote. I do agree with the sentiment, whomever the quote is attributed to, however. Trying to run the military like a business is a mistake, IMO, but as they say, opinions are like the rectal orifice.....

Al         

I find this corporate speak an extension of the existing system WRT trade names.

Traffic TECH? Oh, you mean shipping and receiving guy.Supply TECH?  What's so tech about counting sweaters?  no offence implied to all those hard working binrats out there.
Structures TECH?  Please, you're a carpenter...Metals TECH,  Ummm, welder, anyone?  Materials TECH? Upholstery guy.  Cbt Engineer=dirt tech?  Armd= heavy vehicle and gun coordination tech?  Arty= trajectomology tech?  It's all just smoke and mirrors.

Allan Luomala said:
but the issue I have is with wanting to "civilianize" the Forces any more than has occured.

I understand your point, and agree- I was horrified to hear the rumour years ago that "private" and "corporal" were going to be replaced with "Apprentice", "Journeyman", etc.  Just pointing out that not all "civvie" terms really are.  ;)  Words do mean things, and I agree that sometimes there is something to contradict the adage "what's in a name?"  Plenty, especially time honoured rank and appointment titles as we currently enjoy.  I suppose we could digress into another anti-Unification rant at this juncture, but I aint' touchin' it.

George Wallace said:
How about "Coallator of Liasons, Electronic Records and Communications"?  CLERC for short. 

I believe that is already the official title for the editor of the Letters to Penthouse website.

i was a grunt then a clerk a fin clerk that  dates me now i see.  grunt work was fun but dealing with the paperwork the politics of the unit and  just the everyday stuff seemed to me be more fun and harder on my brain then anything else that was going on in the army i enjoyed being a clerk.
what ever the name, no matter what they called me i was the paperpusher who turned blank paper into money
stick that in the c7 and see if you can get it to make you money

CorporalMajor said:
I would prefer being called an "administrator" but then, I y'am what I y'am

........and that might prove to be 'not very observant'. The post above yours is about 6 months old. Something to consider before answering a post. Something else to consider, would be the Forum Guidelines. Make sure you have a look before proceeding. Welcome.

Back