• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RIMPAC

I was mistaken again. I thought it was an advert for the movie Pacific Rim.

THAT would be an exercise......
An exercise in suspending disbelief? :sneaky:

I kid - that movie is one of my guilty pleasures when I want to turn my brain off and just watch big things beat up other big things.

An exercise in suspending disbelief? :sneaky:

I kid - that movie is one of my guilty pleasures when I want to turn my brain off and just watch big things beat up other big things.
keep going pacific rim GIF

I love Idris Elba as an actor, but even I nearly had to turn off the TV when he said that.
I was all in. I would have cheered at the theatre because I'm that guy.

Sidetrack: my favourite quote of his "Men like what they see, women like what they hear. So women will always wear makeup and men will always lie."

Flight deck full of fun on a DDG. ( notice although they have twice as many helo’s and 5 times as many missiles, it’s still not as good as a DDGH.) 🙄

Remind me, how many trillions do we spend on defence?

We have operated UAS from CPFs, we will do so again in the future.

Comparing the RCN to the USN is a fools game...

We are at RIMPAC bringing capabilities that our allies and partners want. I know it doesn't fit the whole "The CAF sucks, and everyone else is awesome" narrative we love to peddle, but as a person at RIMPAC talking to my peers in various partner/ally navies, we are not unique or special in being dysfunctional.

Feel free to fly down here and see for yourself.

Last edited:
Remind me, how many trillions do we spend on defence?

We have operated UAS from CPFs, we will do so again in the future.

Comparing the RCN to the USN is a fools game...

We are at RIMPAC bringing capabilities that our allies and partners want. I know it doesn't fit the whole "The CAF sucks, and everyone else is awesome" narrative we love to peddle, but as a person at RIMPAC talking to my peers in various partner/ally navies, we are not unique or special in being dysfunctional.

Feel free to fly down here and see for yourself.
To add: I’ve worked long-term with enough allied militaries to know that dysfunction is not uniquely a Canadian thing.

Back