• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserve Situation

tux_teh_crusher

Inactive
Reaction score
Okay - so I have searched on the forums for something like this, and found a bit of info. I was looking for info about doing reserves while doing a university co-op course. But my question is a little different. I am (hopefully!) attending a two year diploma program first, and then transfering to this co-op program. Do you think that I should join the reserves while in this two year program, or should I wait until I am done everything? (5 years!)

Thank You

tux_teh_crusher

If you think you can handle the time commitment, join now.  I do full time university with the Reserves and I have more than enough time to do both.  Its a load of fun and you'll be making some money as well as getting some help (up to $8000) with tuition from the government. 

Also, the Reserves schedule is basically designed to work perfectly with the schedules of students - the two together compliment each other well.  If there is any overlap (say an exam falls on a training weekend) Universities will accommodate your needs.  In the Army you'll also learn skills (time management, perseverance etc.) that'll help a lot with school.   

Best of luck. 

Grrl.... most of the time, it's the army that accomodates the needs of the University - VS - the other way around.

Geo - In my experience the university has accommodated my Army schedule (gotta have priorities lol).  I go to Trent U - perhaps its different elsewhere. 

Also, there was an agreement signed between the CF and many universities (I forget what its called) to accommodate soldier students.  I can't recall the specifics but I read about it in one of those Reservist's magazines laying around the armouries. 

I'm currently studying full time (graduate diploma) and the university is doing well for accommodation ...

Like next Sunday i was supposed to have an exam at the university and the exam will be canceled since i have an army training .

for the 8000$ ... you will not see a penny before you finish some courses in case of infantry i think you will need to do the  3 courses (BMQ ,SQ and PP1)

Back