• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserve questions

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 44947
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 44947

Today, I went into the CFRC Toronto, to confirm some things and get some questions answered, I applied online for Queens Own Rifles of Canada and I wanted to switch that regiment with Queens York Rangers because QORC is not hiring and QYR is hiring. When I went into the CFRC, the recruiter told me that they are not hiring anymore yet I just talked to the PO and the Sgt of the Fort York Armoury and they said they are hiring.

When I told the recruiter that, he went up walked away and came back with a form, i forgot what the forum was called but it said 32 CBG something data something, and it asked me just date and name, email,ETC. At the top of the page he wrote QYR, my main questions are:

1. What is that form that he got me to fill out?
2. What do I do so that, I can be hired by QYR because I know their hiring and I feel it was a mistake made by the recruiter.
3. Do I need to call the CFNRC and get them to edit my application and put under "Desired Regiment" Queens York Rangers as well as Armoured Crewman?

All help is thanked and this will help me so much, I am trying to get into the reserves so that I am getting the CF experience before I go to University in Sept 2012 and apply for ROTP after the first year.

Thanks once again!

Seaon

Seaon09 said:
Today, I went into the CFRC Toronto, to confirm some things and get some questions answered, I applied online for Queens Own Rifles of Canada and I wanted to switch that regiment with Queens York Rangers because QORC is not hiring and QYR is hiring. When I went into the CFRC, the recruiter told me that they are not hiring anymore yet I just talked to the PO and the Sgt of the Fort York Armoury and they said they are hiring.

When I told the recruiter that, he went up walked away and came back with a form, i forgot what the forum was called but it said 32 CBG something data something, and it asked me just date and name, email,ETC. At the top of the page he wrote QYR, my main questions are:

1. What is that form that he got me to fill out?
2. What do I do so that, I can be hired by QYR because I know their hiring and I feel it was a mistake made by the recruiter.
3. Do I need to call the CFNRC and get them to edit my application and put under "Desired Regiment" Queens York Rangers as well as Armoured Crewman?

All help is thanked and this will help me so much, I am trying to get into the reserves so that I am getting the CF experience before I go to University in Sept 2012 and apply for ROTP after the first year.

Thanks once again!

Seaon

That form is something internal to the brigade down in and around Toronto. Sounds like a data capture sheet. This is a wild ass guess on my part, but they probably keep a list of interested applicants. It probably doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

Even if you applied to the QYR right now you still won't be on basic training until the fall,  and part time at that. There's only a single basic military qualification running in Meaford this summer, and it starts in April. It's exceedingly likely you would be in on time, and the spots will probably all go to people who have already been hired and are waiting for their course.

The QYR are a reserve armoured unit. Their scope of future employment is a hell of a lot more limited than reserve infantry such as the QOR, and the QOR are amongst all reserve units probably one of the ones most blessed with the connections that allow for fantastic training opportunities. I would wholeheartedly advise waiting til the QOR open up. They should get their new recruiting numbers in April or so, with plenty of time to process you for a fall BMQ.

That's the two cents worth of a reserve infantry recruiter who also deals with course taskings, and has worked with a number of members of both units, including overseas..

Brihard said:
There's only a single basic military qualification running in Meaford this summer, and it starts in April.

Oh man this sucks for me.  :(  I was hoping to get in the summer bmq at meaford.
I've done everything and just waiting for an offer, I guess I just have to find a summer job for now while I'm out of college.

@Brihard
Can you please send me dates, if ever a summer bmq comes up? I would appreciate it very much.  ;D

Back