• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserve question

V

ValkXB70

Hey all, perhaps someone here can answer a simple question for me.  In 1997 I graduated basic training, I chose to end my career due to an injury.  I healed but was unable to re-enlist (which I have always regretted).  I have been thinking of joining the reserves, and am curious if I would have to go back through basic training.  I can still preform physically, and I have retained all the military knowledge from basic.  Apologies if this is a question that has been asked before, but I was unable to locate it.

Chris

Generally, qualifications are 'honoured' (if that's the right phrase) for up to five years if you are MOC qualified. Sounds like you are beyond the five year period, so you may have to start from the beginning again. Check with CFRC to verify this.

I garantee that you'll have to take it again. I took it in 2001 and was out for a little while because of school and between the time I graduated basic and went back in I had to take it again when I go to the regs (which I'm really not looking forward to having to do for the second time). I too have retained everything, but I still gotta take it, so look at it this way: you'll just do better and be the top of your course!

Thanks for the info.  Have to look into it more.

Chris

You will have to redo your BMQ due to the time difference, but don't worry about it just be the grey guy and use your experience to help other people. I taught 7 platoons and did a year in the weapons cell in St-Jean and the worst thing that I saw was recruits that were in before trying to suck up to the staff and power tripping on the other candidates up stairs.

Back