• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserve NCM to Officer Transfers

spacey

Inactive
Reaction score
Good morning everyone,

My application has been a lengthy process, due to various issues along the way.  I am looking to join the Reserves, going in as an officer.  As my particular is more limited in the officer roles they have available, as I was advised to wait to apply for when the position opens up.  So I waited, it is now showing open, I emailed my recruitment officer and was advised that the opening shown was an error on the website. I am interested in Signals officer.

But this is what I was advised:
"So if you really want that spot put it down as your number 1 choice and I would recommend making a second choice, even if your second choice is ACISS (NCM trade for Signals) if you get accepted for ACISS you can always ask to switch to officer later on and they can transfer you within the unit."

So my question is, is it better to hold off for the officer position (look into the Naval reserve instead) or go in as a NCM and hope that the stars align for a transfer later.  I couldn't find too much information in other thread searches about this.  If anyone is able to offer some insight on how exactly this would work (rough procedure, process), it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Back