• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserve BMQ - 15 Nov '13

darknsmelly

Inactive
Reaction score
Extreme noob here

Just wondering if anyone else is starting their weekend reserve BMQ in Toronto on that date as well.

Apologies if this topic has been covered before, but what is involved in weekend BMQs? I understand the cumulative duration of the course is roughly one third the time of reg force training. Most, if not all, threads regarding BMQ talk about the full time training, and maybe I'm just having a brain fart moment and can't really find anything about reserve training.

Thanks and Best Regards,

DnS

darknsmelly said:
Apologies if this topic has been covered before, but what is involved in weekend BMQs?

This may help.

Weekend BMQ Questions 
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/89096.0

Hey
Im also headed for that course...
PM me if you wanna talk about something.

I'll be starting BMQ on that date as well. What unit are you with?

should be interesting. i've got a lot of preparation ahead of me, since my cardio sucks. otherwise, i figure i'll have fun getting yelled at a lot along with you guys and the rest of the recruits :p

You guys know the location of the course?
Im getting sworn in only a week before bmq... i was hoping to march with the unit and settle in a bit before the course but i guess it doesnt really make a difference.

We arrive at Fort York Armoury on the day of to get kitted, and then they'll transport us to Moss Park which will be the primary location of our training  :)

really? i was told to report to moss park on the 15th. nothing in my course instructions about going to fort york.

Weird..here is what I got in my attachment.
"2. BMQ 1330 Course – The BMQ 1330 course will start on Friday 15 Nov 2013 at 1930 hours (7:30 pm). Candidates must report to the Duty Staff no later than 1930 hours at Fort York Armoury. Moss Park Armoury will be the course’s primary training location but for the in clearance process on weekend 1, all staff and candidates will report to Fort York Armoury on 15 November 2013. The course will be moved to Moss Park Armoury on Saturday 16 November 2013 after they have been kitted."

i got:

The BMQ 1330 course will start on Friday 15 Nov 2013 at 1930 hours (7:30 pm). Candidates must report to the Duty Staff no later than 1930 hours at Moss Park Armoury. This will be the course's primary training location. Candidates are responsible for getting to and from this location for training.\

I guess I get kitted out at Denison before reporting to Moss Park. I parade the night before BMQ starts. What date is your memo? Mine is dated September 2013.

Mine is dated October 2013. So you may be correct in you getting kitted sooner.

I will contact my section commander or 2IC to see if there is an amended copy of the instructions. I suspect since my copy is dated one month before yours that there may have been changes and I am actually supposed to go to Fort York to be kitted.

My Reserve BMQ starts tomorrow. I will also be in toronto (Fort York), see you then. A tip that my instructor told us, practice putting your boots and uniform on and off  fast prior to BMQ, hope that helps :)

DarkInfantry232 said:
My Reserve BMQ starts tomorrow. I will also be in toronto (Fort York), see you then. A tip that my instructor told us, practice putting your boots and uniform on and off  fast prior to BMQ, hope that helps :)

Have you already been taught the proper way to lace your boots and put on your uniform?  If not, you may be wasting your time.

George Wallace said:
Have you already been taught the proper way to lace your boots and put on your uniform?  If not, you may be wasting your time.
Yes I have George. My group missed week 1 of BMQ as we were called a week late, they rushed 3 days of training all on kitting day last sarurday. We were given about 7-8 hours on all our kit, how to wear the uniform and lace boots, including boot blowsing if I remeber the correct term, and some basic drills.

Is this the BMQ session that was supposed to start on the 18th of October? Myself and two others in my battalion were supposed to be on that course, but 'something' happened, and we start on the 15th of November instead. My section commander got back to me and told me that only our first weekend is at Fort York. The rest of our session is to be completed at Moss Park.

Cheers

Back