• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

reserve application question

scubasteve

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,  I recently phoned my recruiter about my current application to RMC and found out i did not make either of the first 2 selections. I was considering applying to the reserves for now and re-applying for RMC for next fall. I was just wondering if i had to go through the aptitude test, medical exam, and interview all over again. Also (i know it depends on my file) i was wondering if there is a possibility that i would have a job offer before september.

Any information or advice would be welcomed

scubasteve said:
Hello,  I recently phoned my recruiter about my current application to RMC and found out i did not make either of the first 2 selections. I was considering applying to the reserves for now and re-applying for RMC for next fall. I was just wondering if i had to go through the aptitude test, medical exam, and interview all over again. Also (i know it depends on my file) i was wondering if there is a possibility that i would have a job offer before september.

Any information or advice would be welcomed
CFAT will be valid for 3 years. Medical has to be re-assessed every year, and interview will probably be conducted again because you're changing trades/component.

Most, if not all, reserve units are closed for summer training as of the end of May. Their recruiting section may also be closed until September as well. You'll have to call your local unit that you wish to join and inquire

Are you thinking about joining in Kingston? (I was wondering since you had applied to RMC) If you are, there a quite a few different reserve units in the Kingston area. You might be able to get something by September, it would be a big timing issue. For example, the HMCS Cataraqui gets the intake numbers in July (I contacted them and the recruiter responsible there informed me of this). If you contacted them then, you might be able to get everything completed (i.e. interview, Expres test, etc.) and get on with them, although I am not sure if the training would begin in the summer months or if they would postpone training until November or December. It really depends on the unit. Your recruitment center should have a list of reserve units in your area and numbers to call. Good luck with that though.

Question for you though, in joining the reserves, would this change the type of application you might have to make to RMC? (meaning does it change from a regular application to an NCM-UTP type of application? More of an interest question on my part!)

thanks for the answers! well no I'm living in Vancouver right now so i was thinking of a reserve unit around here until i (hopefully) get accepted into RMC.

About the application change, im not sure yet, i only found out yesterday i didnt make the cut for RMC so i haven't had any time to figure out the logistics side of things yet.

Back