• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

replacing kit...

I got the material one as well and it now comes with a zipper that is really handy cause it holds my hygiene stuff in it. Now that big silver thing makes for a good popcorn or chip bowl at home.

God56 said:
...  Now that big silver thing makes for a good popcorn or chip bowl at home.

- If you want to eat popcorn and chips out of a washbasin that I washed my nutz in before I turned it in.

- Your call.

TCBF said:
- If you want to eat popcorn and chips out of a washbasin that I washed my nutz in before I turned it in.

- Your call.

hmm if I remember correctly I got it new with no dents and it was covered in paper, I guess its now demoted to a flower pot on my window sill. It seems that my tomatoes will be a bit nuttier this year.

God56 said:
hmm if I remember correctly I got it new with no dents and it was covered in paper, I guess its now demoted to a flower pot on my window sill. It seems that my tomatoes will be a bit nuttier this year.

- Ahhh, you were probably safe anyway, as the ones I turned in usually went straight into the garbage can behind the counter.  Tomatoes on a window sill?  Interesting.

Old and Tired said:
Maybe we should start a separate thread on all the stupid thins we've done on the road to where we are today.

If people were truly honest that thread would quickly become the largest on the site. :o I could probably add a few pages myself without even trying very hard. 8)

It would probably clear up a number of never closed cases for the MPs also ;D

I destroyed my last wash basin on a 20 minute drive, tossed my ruck into the back of my truck and tore down a dirt road a all ahead stupid, apparently steel wash basin meeting wheel wells at a high rate of knots tends to redecorate it, punched it out with a balle peen, and it still works just fine, doesn't sit so level but it works.

I feel really deprived.  I never got a wash basin.  I never got the UN blue foldable wash basins.  I used a foldable dog water bowl on my SQ!  :-[  I'm tempted to get one of the squishy bowl and cup sets from MEC.

I think the ASU was lazy when they issued my kit...at least I got a cadpat bivy bag!  :)

CanadianTire said:
I think the ASU was lazy when they issued my kit...at least I got a cadpat bivy bag!  :)

Yes, we often do things like this for sheer laziness' sake. Especially to avoid the calorie burn associated with lifting a mere 2 ounce item to toss it at you.  ;)

The answer is probably more akin to "they couldn't knit you one", being out of stock. Have you checked back with them since? Finding out whether they have stock now is, after all, only a ohone call away. That'd be a smart option to go with.

The issued wash basin makes a good Frisbee that is about it, go and buy a collapsible one and only use the issued on when on course and it is part of a kits list

I remember my sleeping bag valise getting caught in the turret of my tank once.. my wash basin took a small hit.  Mind you, my CD player I had tucked in the valise did not fare as well.  A few spare minutes during the ex with my swiss army knife and I was back in action by the end ex!!

Ehh...its been 3 years and no staff seem to think I need one.  I like the idea of a squishy set from MEC because when we brew up in the field away from the biv site, I can just pull out my squishy cup.

You are not missing much. When you need one for a kit list I am sure you will get one.

Back