• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Release date calculation (with leave and accumulated)

Darkage

Inactive
Reaction score
Good day,

I just received my medical release date (22 Apr 16) and I had a quick question on leave following my release.. From what I understand, I will get 2 annuals for April, and I also already have 3 accumulated. This should therefore bring me in May:

23-24 Apr: 2x weekend
25-26 Apr: 2x remaining annuals
27-29 Apr: 3x accumulated leave
30 Apr and 01 May: 2x weekend

Does that mean that I will also get 2x annuals for May, making May 3rd my last official day of service?

Thanks in advance

I'm not certain, but you may want to check on the applicability of this section of the Leave Policy Manual:

Limitation on extension of release date

Notwithstanding the annual leave entitlement in the year of release or transfer
from the Regular Force, annual leave shall not be used to extend a member’s
service beyond an authorized release date. Therefore, the member and the
releasing unit shall ensure that annual leave commences at a date early enough
to allow for the granting of all annual leave before the authorized release date.

When you voluntarily release from the CF, you choose your last working day and everything after that resulting from annual and accumulated leave becomes retirement leave, with the last day of leave becoming your release date.

Unless I'm mistaken, you've been given a release date, so any annual and accumulated leave must be exhausted by moving your last working day to the left of your specified release date.

This would be a good question for you to pose to your release centre for an official answer in order to prevent any surprises down the road.

Roger that, I just pulled my message with the decision for my medical release and it states that the date they gave me is the date at which my retirement leave is to start at the latest, and the release date will be adjusted accordingly.

Thanks for the quick reply, it's much appreciated!

Okay, that sounds a little more accurate the way they've spelled it out on the message.

If that's the case, then yes, the weekend taking you into a new month should give you an extra two days of annual to add onto your retirement leave.

Back