• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
CadetJ said:
2. If the answer to the first question is no, then can I enter UofT or such universities in an engineering course, complete it, and THEN enter RMC and complete ROTP training? Is that allowed?

Not sure on your first question but for your second, why would you do that? You do not need to attend RMC to be an officer in the Canadian Armed Forces. Do a search for the Direct Entry Officer program on forces.gc.ca. An even better approach would be to join a reserve unit once you turn 17 to help pay for your education at U of T while gaining valuable experience.

jeffb said:
Not sure on your first question but for your second, why would you do that? You do not need to attend RMC to be an officer in the Canadian Armed Forces. Do a search for the Direct Entry Officer program on forces.gc.ca. An even better approach would be to join a reserve unit once you turn 17 to help pay for your education at U of T while gaining valuable experience.

don't you know Jeff... the ring gives us special powers  ;D

jeffb said:

Oh yeah, didn't think of that. So, are you suggesting that I complete my post secondary ed, and then apply in the direct entry officer pro.??
Can you please tell me a bit about the process of doing so..If you have time

Play around a bit on Forces.ca, and look for the recruiting centre closest to you. Give them a call, I`m sure they`ll be happy to explain everything to you.

I'm trying to find out about this program because I want to get involved in the military but with an education. What I'm wondering is, is ROTP competitive? I'm serving my final year (grade 12) this upcoming year, and I'm wondering if it's too late to apply or can I apply after I leave high school?  Let me know.

CadetJ said:
This is a question that has been nagging me for a while....blah blah blah, I can't read simple directions on official sources.
1. Can you APPLY for ROTP at RMC as a permanent resident, if you know you will be a canadian citizen by the time when summer camp or training starts.

NO!

http://www.forces.ca/en/page/applynow-100

WHO CAN APPLY:

To apply to the Canadian Forces, you must:
Be a Canadian Citizen.

Be 17 years of age, with parental consent, or older, except:
Regular Officer Training Plan – Junior applications must be 16 or older.
Have completed at least Grade 10 or Secondaire IV (in Quebec).
Certain entry programs and occupations require higher levels of education.

I am not sure what is so difficult to grasp about that.

Private Pyle said:
I'm trying to find out about this program because I want to get involved in the military but with an education. What I'm wondering is, is ROTP competitive? I'm serving my final year (grade 12) this upcoming year, and I'm wondering if it's too late to apply or can I apply after I leave high school?  Let me know.

ROTP is very competitive. Recruiters look for high grades, leadership experience, volunteering, and athleticism. In addition, you must score competitively on the CFAT and, more importantly, your interview. You can apply this September, or you can wait until you graduate (like I did 6 years later). When I first applied for ROTP, my application was unsuccessful and it became apparent that a high GPA was not enough. Peek through some of the threads on this forum about the application process and do some research to see what you're really getting yourself into before applying. Good luck.

Hatchet Man said:
NO!

http://www.forces.ca/en/page/applynow-100

WHO CAN APPLY:

To apply to the Canadian Forces, you must:
Be a Canadian Citizen.

Be 17 years of age, with parental consent, or older, except:
Regular Officer Training Plan – Junior applications must be 16 or older.
Have completed at least Grade 10 or Secondaire IV (in Quebec).
Certain entry programs and occupations require higher levels of education.

I am not sure what is so difficult to grasp about that.

I have read that  part of the site. I wouldn't be stupid enough to randomly just ask a question without researching about it first. If you look closely, you will see that my question is not "I am not a canadian citizen, can I apply?" but rather about whether I can join if I know that I will be a citizen by the time I enter RMC. But thank you anyway for pointing that out. I have received satisfactory answers from other people and I am content with what I know for now.

CadetJ said:
I have read that  part of the site. I wouldn't be stupid enough to randomly just ask a question without researching about it first.

Sorry, but you have already proven to us that you are "stupid enough to randomly just ask a question without researching about it first"; so don't expect us to treat you like you aren't.

CadetJ said:
Before anyone comments about repetition, I would like to confirm that there IS one or two posts about this topic. But I needed slightly different answers due to slightly different circumstances.**

I don't know if you think all others who have asked these questions are clones or not; or whether you just think that you are something special and need to be spoon fed.  Next time you want to admonish someone who is trying to point you in the right direction, think twice and look at your own actions first.  Perhaps it is you who needs the "jacking up".  Your posting history shows anyone who wants to look, what you are.

CadetJ said:
I have read that  part of the site. I wouldn't be stupid enough to randomly just ask a question without researching about it first. If you look closely, you will see that my question is not "I am not a canadian citizen, can I apply?" but rather about whether I can join if I know that I will be a citizen by the time I enter RMC. But thank you anyway for pointing that out. I have received satisfactory answers from other people and I am content with what I know for now.

You didn't research or just choose to ignore it.  You cannot apply unless you are a citizen, full stop.  If you do not send in a Canadian birth certificate, or proof of Citizenship with your application, your application will be closed.  If anyone has told you different they are talking out of their ass.

CadetJ said:
Oh yeah, didn't think of that. So, are you suggesting that I complete my post secondary ed, and then apply in the direct entry officer pro.??
Can you please tell me a bit about the process of doing so..If you have time

1- complete degree
2- obtain citizenship
3- with both 1 and 2 in hand, apply as direct entry officer
4- you will start with basic military officer qualification course.
5- complete other phase training to become qualified in our occupation

Stiman said:
1- complete degree
2- obtain citizenship
3- with both 1 and 2 in hand, apply as direct entry officer
4- you will start with basic military officer qualification course.
5- complete other phase training to become qualified in our occupation

Alright, that makes sense. Thank you for answering.

DAA said:
The RMC Portal for uploading academic transcripts and the ROTP Questionnaire is currently off-line until later this month or early Sep.

For those who are considering submitting an application for the ROTP 2014 campaign, take notice!!!

The RMC Portal is still OFFLINE and NOT available for uploading your Questionnaire and Academic Transcripts.  <------this is the second step and without it, your CFRC cannot do anything for you!!!

If you plan on applying under the ROTP Program for acceptance in the fall of 2014, I would highly suggest that you HOLD OFF on submitting your application to the CF at this time but ENCOURAGE you to get your ducks in a row for when the Portal does open!!!

DAA said:
For those who are considering submitting an application for the ROTP 2014 campaign, take notice!!!

The RMC Portal is still OFFLINE and NOT available for uploading your Questionnaire and Academic Transcripts.  <------this is the second step and without it, your CFRC cannot do anything for you!!!

If you plan on applying under the ROTP Program for acceptance in the fall of 2014, I would highly suggest that you HOLD OFF on submitting your application to the CF at this time but ENCOURAGE you to get your ducks in a row for when the Portal does open!!!

Is there any difference between sending in the application and waiting or waiting to send in the application?

StudentPilot23 said:
Is there any difference between sending in the application and waiting or waiting to send in the application?

At this time, I would recommend that you WAIT to even apply.  But while waiting, complete everything "off-line" and have it ready to go!

DAA said:
1210 applied for ROTP?  It''s more like 3,000+.......acceptance rate is roughly 15% in total.

I was accepted into the ROTP program this year. I am currently at CMRSJ.

I was told by the staff here that over 3000 applications are received each year... so 1210 for the Atlantic region would be believable.

It's 2013, it's assumed you have a cellphone.  Pay phones are also available and not usually controlled by your staff during FYOP.

You can also put in a landline if you so desire, though I think I only know of one person who did that in my four years there.

I heard from a recruiter that RMC received 3000 applicants and only 500 got accepted or it was 1500 applicants and only 300 got accepted. It was a while ago when I spoke to that recruiter, but personally I think 500/3000 is more logical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back