• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

Tomorrow is the last day to bring our paperwork. Good luck to everyone, now all of us are playing the waiting game !!

My medical file has been in Ottawa awaiting approval for over two weeks now.... gahhhhh I still need to do the flight crew selection.

Is anyone that is currently attending or RMC or has graduated recently available/willing to answer questions in regards to RMC? Just figured it'd be easier to communicate with individuals by private messages with the mass of questions I will probably have.

you could probably add the facebook page of the RMC , and ask there if anyone is up to chat with you , I know some students are following the page so !

Graduated class of 2010, send me a message with any questions you have.

nic32 said:
Hey guys,

Tomorrow is the last day to bring our paperwork. Good luck to everyone, now all of us are playing the waiting game !!

Where did you hear this was the last day?

daniel12 said:
Why would there be a shortage of pilots?

I highly doubt there is, when pilot is the most popular choice of trades for recruits, it makes sense to post ads for pilot to attract additional attention to the CF. People see pilot, get drawn to the application process and quite often end up in a totally different trade.

Motard said:
I highly doubt there is, when pilot is the most popular choice of trades for recruits, it makes sense to post ads for pilot to attract additional attention to the CF. People see pilot, get drawn to the application process and quite often end up in a totally different trade.

I agree with this statement and this could quite possibly be an explanation as to why they are advertising different places. I have heard though from CF pilots (and it has been in the news briefly) that they are short in many areas. I would guess that this is due to retirements, and pilots leaving for airlines and other civy gigs. In the meantime I am sure the CF has no trouble getting the applicants, but the training system can't keep up to fill those spots hence why they have tried to hire more foreign pilots from the UK to try and curb this problem.

Does anyone know if they look down on people that will be going into their third year of university next fall? When I applied the recruiter said they don't really accept people in their third or fourth year of university. I wouldn't see why not..less money the cf has to put out and a quicker turn around time for their investment.

I would think it's because your time of service will be proportionally shorter and some of that will be taken by your formation in your chosen trade (The years of subsidized education are counted to determine how many years you have to serve after your studies).

Other than that, going for the TAD, Medical and Interview tomorrow, in order to be merit listed for the March 15 selection. Applying for Arty (1), INT O. (Closed) and INF (3), I hope I get in haha! Going the civvy route, because my marks are apparently too low for RMC.

Good luck to all!

Daishi said:
I wouldn't see why not..less money the cf has to put out and a quicker turn around time for their investment.

They would spend even less money on you if you were to take the DEO route.

Daishi said:
Does anyone know if they look down on people that will be going into their third year of university next fall? When I applied the recruiter said they don't really accept people in their third or fourth year of university. I wouldn't see why not..less money the cf has to put out and a quicker turn around time for their investment.

I was told that as long as you have a year left of university you're good to go.

I think my MCC mentioned that you need at least 3 semesters left to be eligible for ROTP.

Quote from: Daishi on Today at 18:33:03

Hey, I'm in my third year this year and just got in this past summer.  A bunch of the guys in civ u with me are going into third year.  As far as our group's mix of people, I'd say they don't consider that as a factor.  If anything it might give you better chance to get to stay at the university you're at since you're settled and there's no point making you restart (I applied going into second year and they said I had to restart at RMC, repplied last year and they let me stay at Queen's)

Oh yah? Well that re-assuring. What trade are you in?

Also does anyone know what the turn around time for medical files that are sent to Ottawa are? Its been almost three weeks now.

Recruiting Center: CFRC Halifax
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer (ROTP) - component transfer
Trade Choice 1: log officer
Trade Choice 2: aec
Trade Choice 3: pilot
Application Date: October 2012
First Contact: October 2012
Aptitude:  15th February 2013
Medical:  October 2012
Interview completed: 15th December 2012
Aircrew selection completed: February 2013
Merit Listed: Friday March 1st ....( was told by my broker i merited anyways )
Position Offered:
Enrollment date:
Basic Training Begins:

Cheers,

I got 3 questions of the utmost importance to any CURRENT RMC O.Cdts;

1) How much is removed from your pay monthly for quarters and rations?

2) Are the rations good?  Is there always healthy foods to choose from?  Is there limitless amounts of ice cream?

3) Are you having a lot of fun at RMC? Would you recommend RMC to others?  Are the girls from Queen's all over you guys?

Thanks a lot :D
Cheers!  :cdn:

Noctis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back