• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

red mess kit.

Visit this site and you can find out more:  http://www.andreitailors.com/products/mess_dress.html

Anyone CAN buy Mess Kit.  Not everyone can wear it.  If you are a member of the Canadian Army, you can purchase the appropriate `Pattern` for your Branch/Corps.  You can find what 'pattern' your Branch or Corps wears in the CF Dress Regulations.

IAW the dress instructions, all Reg Force officers have 6 months from their time of commission to obtain mess kit (mandatory).  Everyone else...optional.

You might also be able to get a used set.

Eye In The Sky said:
IAW the dress instructions, all Reg Force officers have 6 months from their time of commission to obtain mess kit (mandatory).  Everyone else...optional.

You might also be able to get a used set.

Realistically, we have 6 months from passing DP1.

I have a used set that I will never wear again. It is artillery which is very close to log. A tailor could rework it nicely. I am medium extra large though. Chest 46 waist 40 inseam 33.

WHOA!  Slow down cowboy.  Perhaps as a new recruit to a Reserve unit you should take baby steps before you start the marathon.  There is much for you to learn, and READING helps.  You also have to become more computer literate, as this is not your first account here, and multiple accounts are not permitted here.  When you change your email address, you have to reactivate your account after receiving an email to your new email address.  You failed in this. 

Now which account do you want, and which accounts do you want us to delete?

I CHOSE to buy mine as a Cpl however I was planning to wear it at my wedding and I knew I'd have occasion to wear it again due to the frequency of mess dinners in my trade.  After 25 years I can say I have gotten my money's worth out of it but I never would have spent the money as a reservist and I know many (most) senior NCOs who never bothered.  Wait till you have experienced some of your career before you worry about the buttons and bows you dont need to worry about.

Back