• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

recruiting...when ??

First of all I am sorry if this question has already been answerd, and if so the mod. can just delete it.

I have been trying to get into the military for a bit now, and I just want to know how long it took most of you to get in.I‘ve passed the written, medical and physical ( push ups,sit ups ect. ). That was about three weeks or so before the two week Christmas vacation. I‘ve talked to several people and about to talk to the recruiting office again...I was also told I would recieve a call a week or so after I passed the physical...and I didn‘t get one.

Anyway any comments would be welcomed.

First of all make sure your file is complete, when it is complete then all you have to do is wait for them to call you. I finished my file on Dec 9th and I got called Jan 6th.

There really isnt much you can do after you complete your file other than be patient, also depends on what trade you are going in. As I was told that Infantry was full so if you applied for that then you might have awhile to wait.

9 months and counting for PRes...but I am returning, and waiting for a VFS.

I started my app in Aug02. All of the inter,physical,etc. went great. I even got credit towards my post basic moc. I dont have to do any further trianing. Only qestion is, my file has been in borden waiting with all the rest of the applicants since mid febru, and its nearly mid april. any idea how long job offers usually take to come thru. im going for land comm info tech.
any info would be great.

I figure the best information is from your local CFRC.

From my experience, please don‘t take is as fact in your case, the applications may appear to go into limbo in the Spring. Usually after April 1st, the start of the next fiscal year, the CF looks into the number of recruits, the numbers per MOC, priorites, and decides what will happen next. I‘d expect you should hear something relatively soon and the BMQ training to start somewhere in the June-July time frame depending on course availablity.

The local CFRC should have updated info by now and be able to give you a better idea of what will happen next. No one was joking when they said "Hurry up and wait".

Back