• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reconstitution

All I'll say is that the...uh...locals didn't necessarily share the same view of UK soldiers and sailors in Asia.

The locals didn't seem to think much of each other for that matter either though. Somebody had to volunteer to keep the nutmeg supply chain running.

Don't rain on my parade! 🤣

i see what you did there bill hader GIF

Our new military.

Caught a base wide email today saying please don't be alarmed if you hear or see a Griffon helicopter landing or hovering over a specified units front lawn.

We're getting trigger warnings for hearing and seeing helicopters on a military base. Suppose we can add that to "warning you might hear blanks or see soldiers doing soldier things" folder :rolleyes:

Our new military.

Caught a base wide email today saying please don't be alarmed if you hear or see a Griffon helicopter landing or hovering over a specified units front lawn.

We're getting trigger warnings for hearing and seeing helicopters on a military base. Suppose we can add that to "warning you might hear blanks or see soldiers doing soldier things" folder :rolleyes:

Base-wide email actually announced they want to increase military presence in our airfields. Canadian airfields. Airfields with flying helicopters. In our bases. In Canada. We did not make this up.

Our new military.

Meanwhile a few years ago while I was at school the local police would occasionally do CQB practice through our parking lot, and also occasionally blow things up on the EOD area. It was all co-located so no big deal, and we just asked they didn't scratch our cars, and maybe give us a heads up (so we could keep them out of the test areas before we set things on fire).

That seems impossibly soft for the CAF, but guessing there was probably a story behind that one with previous complaints. Won't judge it as there may be someone in the area dealing with PTSD that isn't expecting to see a Griffon in that particular area of the base, and it's easy enough to give folks a heads up so they can WFH or whatever if it's an issue.

Or maybe someone is 10 ply, and this is just genuinely stupid; hard to say.

Back