• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reconnaisance Course/ Advanced Reconnaisance Course

PAMWE

Inactive
Reaction score
I was wondering if someone could tell me about the Reconnaissance Course/ Advanced Reconnaissance Course?  How long, what does it cover, physical test, where, etc.  Thank you.

Oh that's harsh, hilarious but harsh.

" six one alpha, out"

MasterPrivate said:
You just failed your recce course.

Reminds me of our DP1.

MCpl, could you point me in the direction of the garbage?

Ya know what? How about you transfer to the Infantry. You want to be Recce....LOOK FOR IT!

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/1713/post-146070.html#msg146070

Go to the above msg link, it is from recce41. Put your cursor in the little green balloon - under his number of posts line - that gives you a "send a message" box,   then PM Recce41.

No such luck.... no one has taken the Infantry Recce Course recently.....

Sh0rtbUs said:
Reminds me of our DP1.

MCpl, could you point me in the direction of the garbage?

Ya know what? How about you transfer to the Infantry. You want to be Recce....LOOK FOR IT!

LMAO thats great hahahahha

Basic Recce Patrolman - 22 training days (both Regular and Reserve versions) taught at unit level.  Prerequisites: DP 1 Infantry (Pte), ATCIS Op (comms course) and current swim/medical/fitness tests.

Advanced Recce - ? training days (no info on the site) taught at the Infantry School, Gagetown.  Prerequisites of the top of my head: DP 2B Infantry (MCpl), Basic Recce Patrolman and current swim/medical/fitness test.

Thank you very much for the information.  I'll begin to enquire more at the unit level. 

Pamwe Chete! :army:

Is it possible for armoured recce soldiers to take these courses?

By the TP all students are to be Infantry.  However, I know other combat arms trades have taken the Basic Recce Patrolman's Course in the past.  I am not aware of any non-infanteers doing the Advanced Recce Course (which is 40 training days).

Back