• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

re joining problems

S

shaunlin41

Can anyone help? Was reg force, finished reg force basic,went to battle school, had to release to tend to family problems. Took 2 years to get back in and now they have my qualifications as nil notta nothing.
They have me completing basic move on to battle school but I have no qualifications to show for it.
Problem is that If I do reserve basic and sq than if I ever join regs again soon, I would have to do basic again, that would make 3 times. wtf do I do now? Unit is trying thier best but not getting help from cfrc. :rage: :rage: :rage:

In my day we had 5 or 6 in basic that were in before and qualified QL 3. Out for more than 2 years and you get to do it again. They say what goes so just go with the flow.

on my reserve bmq coarse i have a 2Lt. who has been in on and off since ‘87 redoing BMQ. kind of funny having to call someone in your section on coarse sir.

Ah yes, the age old equivilencies dilemma...
The CF is primeval in moving people from the Reserves to the RegF to the Sup Res and back again. This is a big fault that needs correction, but also requires buy in from all organizations. The Army is by far the worst as combat trade specs differ so much in content and depth from regs to res. The air force and navy realize that it makes no sense to ‘train‘ an air frame tech or electronics sensor operator who can‘t really do their job. The Army thinks it can.
My only advice for you is:
1. Get the person‘s name who is handling your case and speak with them monthly. Be nice.
2. Suck it up and understand that when you change components you will lose, and be prepared to work to get back your quals.
3. DON‘T CHANGE COMPONENTS UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU‘RE IN FOR!
Best of luck. It‘s an area thing.

You were able to get back in within 2 years? Congratulations. I‘m in a similar position, I‘m approaching my 4th year and still I‘m a civvie; personally, I‘d redo Basic tomorrow if I would be able to get back in. I‘ve no illusions, I was injured during Battleschool and opted to release to rehabilitate (in addition to personal issues which required resolution). My PER‘s are by no means accurate and I‘ve had a series of paperwork problems. CFRC is by no means a part of the solution (IMHO). So if you have to go through it again, enjoy yourself and get it done. At least you‘re moving forward.

Back