• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Re: Army.ca pub night/meet and greet anyone? - Sir John A Macdonald Chapter

muffin said:
Argh... my hubby is in that thing...  maybe I will bring the kids down - nothing to keep you in step like your kids screaming at you from the sidelines

"DADDY! DADDY! I AM OVER HERE DADDY!!!!! LOOK DADDY ! WAAAAAAAAAAAAVE DADDY! DAAAAAAAAADDDYYY!!!!!!!!"

Watch out, Mag!  You don't want Bob teaching the kids the finer points of malting hops after the parade... :o

Looks more and more like the 28th for me - we had a pile of homework dumped on us this weekend along with tutoring a couple of guys for a rewrite.  Hopefully I won't be the only one there  ;D.

MM

muffin said:
Argh... my hubby is in that thing...  maybe I will bring the kids down - nothing to keep you in step like your kids screaming at you from the sidelines
"DADDY! DADDY! I AM OVER HERE DADDY!!!!! LOOK DADDY ! WAAAAAAAAAAAAVE DADDY! DAAAAAAAAADDDYYY!!!!!!!!"

Gee Maggie.....yelling from the Brew Pub patio. Tree.....apple.......tight dispersion pattern...  ;D

I'll be dropping by today, but not until we are done here. Most likely after 1630 or so.

Wook

Okay, HLs and I are planning on heading down to Kingston this Saturday, the 28th.  Whats the scoop on this one (ie  time/location) and all that good stuff?

Looking forward to it too!

MRM

Was there on Saturday after work. Good Cream Ale and Wings were by, well, ...me. Very lonely. :'(

Will be there on the 28th also, arrival time is depending on work (of course). Is there a general concensus of a time?

What time is the Freedom of the City parade? Would like to take Mrs and Little Wook, with Grandpa in tow, down to see that. Maybe after the parade at the pub?

Wook

The parade leaves the KMCSC (base gym) at approx 0945 to arrive in front of City Hall at 1000. After all the pomp and circumstance, we will march west up Ontario to Clarence, right on Clarence, right on King, right on Barrack then back East on Ontario back to the Gym.

AVOID DOWNTON DURING THIS TIME. IT MAY TAKE AWHILE TO GET PAST S&R.

211RadOp said:
AVOID DOWNTON DURING THIS TIME. IT MAY TAKE AWHILE TO GET PAST S&R.

Or get to the Brew Pub early...before all those military people start cluttering the streets!  >:D

Looks like the Brew Pub is the loc...what about time??

HLs and I will be there (pending no more arguments with tractor trailors that is).

The Parade ends at 1100, so I say anytime after that.  First ones there, get a couple of tables, and tell the staff that it is for Army.ca.  That way anyone coming in can ask for it by name and get to the right table and people!!

Just a reminder about this M&G tomorrow --- KBP for lunch at 1100ish, and then.....

Who all is still able to make it??

Well, I'm on the darn parade and they're taking us all the way back to RMC... But if you guys stick around long enough I might be able to make an appearance.

So I guess it means: eat quick and move.  ;D

I can't make it, either :( I have range day tommorow and, although I get to go to Queen's tomorrow morning (in uniform) to get some books, I can't make lunch.

I'm still on - be there hoepfully between 11 and 12 ish, barring any mishaps or complications.

MM

navymich said:
Just a reminder about this M&G tomorrow --- KBP for lunch at 1100ish, and then.....

Who all is still able to make it??

Well, HLs and I had left St Jean before this post.  Hmmm, did you guys make it there?

HLs and I showed up around 1330ish I think it was...we met up with MedicineMan, had some fish & chips, coffee, and chatted it up for 'about...2...3 hours I think it was??

So I guess the 3 of us missed everyone else?   :-\

Well, we DID get to meet 1 of the Army.ca crowd  ;) so its a start.

Now...do I get first prize for "Greatest Distance Travelled To Make A Meet & Greet".  Halifx to Kingston...certainly no one has done THAT before...have they?????

I did see one 227 who couldn't keep his head and eyes to the front as he marched past...now...he was either checkin' out HLs  :threat: ( ;)) or eyeing up my large Timmies... ;D

Back