• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Re-Applying

Status
Not open for further replies.

caper_23

Inactive
Reaction score
So i applied for the forces last year as a DOE for The Reg forces and got declined because i had told them i had asthmas as a child. I then was very upset and did nothing with my file and it got closed. In the mean time i found out that i never had any record of asthma on my medical records. So about a month ago i went and got the oxygen lung test type thing and past with flying colors. So i re-applied i have my medical and interview next week, So in my medical do i tell them i had asthma or not....here are a few points
*I was told by doctors when i was younger ( in the 80's) i had "asthma" but really was like a breathing thing when i had the flu...
*I have not used a asthma inh. in over 8 years
*I just go the breathing testing done and my testing came back with 98% oxygen levels....

So when i go into my medical next week what do i tell the WO when she asks the question if i have ever had asthma.

Get copies of all the info from your recent testing results and a doctor's note and take them to the medical with you.

You need to tell them.  If by "oxygen lung test type thing and passed[sic]" you mean a pulmonary function test it likely isn't good enough.  Get a methacholine challenge done, search it, plenty of information.

Full disclosure is imperative, so if you've ever been told you had something or used medication which is meant for something then inform them during your medical.

And I imagine you're about to get lit up about the search function. There is a whack of information on this site re: asthma and you situation is far from unique, nor is your application a lost cause.

I know that it can come down to wording. I am the most honnest person you can get when it comes to the medical my one i had last year took 2 full sessions. I am told by a few people i speak to i am heing to honnest in things, which i know is covering my ass but i want to make sure i have the best and fair chance to do what i have wanted to do since i was at least 12 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back