• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

R&Qs and TD

striker835

Inactive
Reaction score
I have a question regarding Rats & quarters while on TD.

I have been on TD for 2 summers now and I understand that I am not supposed to pay R&qs. I do pay R&Qs during the rest of the year.

For the past summers the way it worked is that my OR never stopped taking my R&Qs from my pay, but they have been reimbursing it the month after.

Is this normal? Is this something that goes on CF wide? Is my OR even allowed to do that?

I have been looking through references (TDIs, DAODs, QR & Os...) without finding any relevant information.

Thanks,

When your on TD, rations and quarters are paid for at that location by the funding agency for the TD.  However, if you are paying for R&Q at your parent Base/Unit, those charges are continuous and never stop.  Once you return from TD, your OR Clk should submit a "Ration Remit" at the end of each month and you get the portion of the Rations back the following month or when ever the forms are signed off.

DAA is right,
you can also clear out your room entirely, go see the barrack warden take you off on quarter and you could  also go see the kitchen clerk to get of out the ration before leaving on TD.

Skoubi said:
DAA is right,
you can also clear out your room entirely, go see the barrack warden take you off on quarter and you could  also go see the kitchen clerk to get of out the ration before leaving on TD.

What is the sense in clearing out of Rations when your just going to get the money back anyhow.  If your going on TD your not entitled to "storage", so if you clear quarters, what do you do with your belongings?  Also, you run the risk of not having single quarters available when you return.  The clearing of quarters when proceeding on periods of TD was a recognized issue many years ago and some Bases/Wings have policies in place that put restrictions on this.  I'd check your local SQ Regulations just to be on the safe side.  Nothing like going away on TD only to return and find out there is "no room at the Inn".  Bottom line is you should be maintaining a permanent residence somewhere...

DAA said:
What is the sense in clearing out of Rations when your just going to get the money back anyhow. 

While the ration remit is the most common, in some cases (when requested) to save the soldier money on the front end we have ceased it before their departure. 

MJP said:
While the ration remit is the most common, in some cases (when requested) to save the soldier money on the front end we have ceased it before their departure.

Now a days this is referred to as "delinking" and is limited to "once per fiscal year". 

Back