• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Quick question about recruiting.

CanadianBacon92

Inactive
Reaction score
So, I applied near the end of June, had all my forms faxed in about a week later, was in the process of waiting and went to check my online account for the application only to find out that it was disabled. Called north bay right away and got to speak to a recruiter there, he said not to pay attention to the online application process as it's normally wrong and won't show whether or not they've received the forms and what not. So, he advised me to call my local CFRC which is the Hamilton recruitment centre, so I did and got a hold of a recruiter there and he stated that all applications go into a priority sorting room and there are currently 300 other applications other than mine. What exactly is the priority sorting room and is it sorted by what jobs you've picked? I'm anxious to get a call back about my application and get all the information for my CFAT, medical, physical etc etc. Just wondering how long I can expect to wait and what exactly is the priority sorting room. Thanks! Also just to clarify I did run a search on this forum to see if there were any other questions or answers related to this and I couldn't find any. But, by all means if there is a thread that's related to questions like this/has some answers please, direct me to it!

No-one here will be able to guess when your file will appear in the hands of a recruiter for further processing. All we can advise you to do is be patient. Base upon the experiences of others in the past few years, you may have long wait ahead of you before you might be enrolled.

I figured as much, thanks anyways though! I'm more curious as to how the applications are prioritized, I'm assuming more so by job choices.

Hello,

I had the same case as well a few months ago with my online status being disabled. As it was telling me to contact CFRC or the online recruiting N B portal, (contacted the latter) I was told the reason why my status was disabled was because I had applied before as ROTP [but never delved into it  :facepalm::crybaby: :'(]; I'm guessing if one applies more than once, online status gets disabled...
I heard back as an email within a month or so after applying, informing me my file was transferred to my local CFRC.

Thanks

Yeah I myself had applied previously 3 years ago but never followed through with it, as much as I wish I did I was a stupid 18 year old who didn't know what he wanted lol. So, I'm probably not too far off in assuming that mine got disabled for that then.

nn1988 said:
...I'm guessing if one applies more than once, online status gets disabled...
I heard back as an email within a month or so after applying, informing me my file was transferred to my local CFRC.

Correct. Off the top of my head, I forget how much time needs to elapse before a past application is completely disregarded. But I originally started then stopped the process in 2006. When I reapplied in 2011, online status was disabled because everything was being combined.

Back