• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Questions about the Physical Fitness Exam

Jschamber

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello, I was doing some searching around, and I am still confused.

On the Canadian Forces website, it mentions if you are joining the Reserves, you have to do a Physical Fitness Exam, but doesn't mention anything about the Regular Forces.

I was just wondering if you have to pass a Physical Fitness Exam to join the Regular Forces as well.

Thanks for any help, and sorry if this has been asked before.

Most certainly and in fact all CF members must do an annual test called the EXPRES test.

Look here: http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/82944.0

Unless things have changed,  those going Reg Force will do their first PT test when they go on Basic Training.  How ever,  make sure you are in shape and can meet the PT standards or else there will be repercussions if you fail the PT test.

IBX.Lee said:
Most certainly and in fact all CF members must do an annual test called the EXPRES test.

Not all CF members must do a Express test;  in the Army we do the BFT yearly instead of the express test.  Things will change though in the near future how ever as there is a new PT test coming out.

-Skeletor- said:
Not all CF members must do a Express test;  in the Army we do the BFT yearly instead of the express test.  Things will change though in the near future how ever as there is a new PT test coming out.

Ah, sorry. That's with the casualty extraction, right? I figured they did that in addition to the EXPRES.

When will the new PT test be coming out / will it affect upcoming BMQs?

IBX.Lee said:
When will the new PT test be coming out / will it affect upcoming BMQs?

Nobody knows, it is all rumours right now.  Until they release an official message everybody is guessing. 

Okay, so there is a test during Basic Training, but not before, during the recruiting process?

Also, what repercussions would there be if I failed the exam?

If you are under the ago of 35, 3 pushups and lower or lower the level 3 on the beep test will be an automatic discharge from the forces. Try to strive to at least reach the min. That is level 6.5 on the beep and 19 pushups. If you fail that but meet the 3 pushups you go to fat camp. This is conducted week 0 of BMQ

Jschamber said:
Okay, so there is a test during Basic Training, but not before, during the recruiting process?

Also, what repercussions would there be if I failed the exam?

Take a peek at this....might answer your questions.....

http://www.forces.ca/en/page/training-90#basictraining-1

Back