• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question on the current organization of the Army..

paracowboy said:
And, since you apparently know nothing of how Int gathering works, I'll leave it at that. Enjoy pretending.
?!?  I'm lost.  Did I miss something?

paracowboy said:
nope. You weren't even in the beaten zone.
*whew*  Thanks: thought I was "this close" to getting caught in a beaten zone!  (almost as bad as a Dangerous zone!!)

vonGarvin said:
*whew*  Thanks: thought I was "this close" to getting caught in a beaten zone!  (almost as bad as a Dangerous zone!!)

I'd suggest a beaten zone is ineffective if the target needs to be reminded he's in one. *shrugs*

Michael Dorosh said:
I'd suggest a beaten zone is ineffective if the target needs to be reminded he's in one. *shrugs*
either that, or he's thick. Maybe he thinks he's bullet-proof?

paracowboy said:
either that, or he's thick. Maybe he thinks he's bullet-proof?

The thicker you are, the harder it is for the bullets to go through. I'll admit I am carrying a couple of pounds extra of XMAS fat.

Are we talking about the same thing?  Your hair looks great today, btw.

Scenario 1 is basically finished; I managed to get a 17 (CDF and UN peacekeepers) to 92 casualty ratio (Rebels), on my second run through (first run through with stock experience levels was 40 to 92)

Basically I gave the CDF a 85/85 experience/morale level and the rebels a 10 experience and 30 morale level. I've played around to reduce it to 5 experience; they may be brave, but they don't know anything about aiming or tactics.

Working on second scenario now.

I'm basically assuming PM Harper-Clone bulls through on shear willpower despite severe protests within Parliment and a lot of media handwringing, and keeps the CF deployment in Darfur ongoing.

The CF however, actually finds some balls, and tells harper-clone point blank that there will be no more screwing around and doing it on a shoestring or coordinating with the UN peacekeepers (after their dismisal performance in Scenario 01).

Instead of simply trying to attempt to seize the Warlord responsible for the attack on the aid centre, ala the failed US attack in Somalia in 1993; the Canadian Forces will first destroy the warlord's forces before they move in to grab him and hustle him off to the Hague.

To this end, intelligence has located a base used by the warlord; where he keeps his heavy equipment (a couple of ancient T-55s). It's up to you to annihilate it; and the cadre of reliables he keeps around them.

Any chance of posting that scenario somewhere?  Wargamer dot com?

Back