• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question in regards to 'Gender and Recruiting' info

C.Murray

Inactive
Reaction score
16) What about the physical fitness component of the application?

The physical fitness evaluation is no longer conducted as part of your application process. The idea is that you are physically fit when you join the Canadian Forces. If you are unfit, you will quickly discover that and make efforts to increase your physical fitness capabilities. During the Regular Force BMQ, if you are deemed unfit by your instructors to carry on your training, you  will be moved to a platoon where the primary goal is to get you into shape. This is by no means a quick or easy way to lose pounds. It is hard, it is intense, and it is designed to work. Time spent within this platoon can vary, but if you are successful and find yourself passing your PT Test while in this platoon you will be placed back into a platoon undergoing BMQ training. Failure by you to improve your fitness level sufficiently enough to pass the PT Test will eventually result in your release from the CF.

In the Primary Reserves, there is no PT Platoon. If you are deemed unfit to carry on during your course, you will be re-coursed, or you will not complete the course, because you were unfit to complete certain objectives or tasks. i.e. a trench dig, section advance to contact etc. Personal fitness is EXTREMELY important. Be FIT!
Basically I'm just curious as to if this is true.

I searched and found many threads, but none that answered my question. This was helpful somewhat, but didn't exactly answer everything.
I found on the main site, the 'How to Join' section states that PT testing is done during BMQ.
"Regular Force. You will be tested for physical fitness early during Basic training. The Canadian Forces Leadership and Recruit School is responsible for assessing physical fitness."
(here)

Is this still the case? Do you not have a fitness test prior to starting BMQ?

I read a TON of threads here answering my every question back in Aug. I'm starting to believe they were seriously outdated because I was always under the impression that before you started BMQ you had to pass the PT test, cfat and the medical. Now it's just cfat/medical?

Now this thread probably gives you the thought that I'm making a big deal out of this minor detail. I'm not, I'm just curious really. I know I'll have to do the PT test one way or the other, I'd just like to know when.
Thanks!

If you read the paper (any decent paper) in the last few month, you would have discovered that :

1- We take pilots with V2 Pilots; and,
2- PT Test is only required after enrolment and must only be succesfully completed prior to the end of BMQ.

Max

Back