• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question about Public Intoxication

Mr.Fitness

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have 1 question for anyone who might be able to answer it, 3 years ago, while in my second year at university, I was issued a ticket for public intoxication, and spend the night in the drunk tank.
I'm just wondering if that will have any effect on my application process.. If anyone has any info regarding that situation please let me know!
Thanks

What have you done to address the issue(s) that led to you ending up in the tank? Have you made a conscious decision to distance yourself from the situations that led to you spending a night with "breakfast in bed"?

Be prepared these are all questions that may get asked if you get to the interview stage. It' s not in my mind the type of situation that would be a deal ender, however there will be some headhanging and you may get a deferral for 1 or 2 years. The application process is about having a well rounded file not just one or two points.

I know a certain young Militia Pte that was charged by Vernon Det for Minor in Possession of Alcohol in 1989, followed up by a an AWOL and 129 in 1994 and it didn't seem to hurt his application (although it did take 6 years and 3 exam writes). ;)

It's all part of life experience, all you have to show is how you learned from that experience and moved on!

Noneck

Sounds more like a pre-requisite...  ;D

Seriously, it shouldnt affect your application as long as it was a single event and not demonstrative of an ongoing substance abuse problem.

Back