• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Qualifications?

DaveyOldNavy

Inactive
Reaction score
HAI! Pvt Dave here just wanted to ask a few questions, now what are the requirements to be an officer? because the thought occurred to me today thinking..Huh, why didn't i be an officer instead? i was uninformed about the requirements to become and officer. such as you need your grade 12 or something like that. Also, i am getting ready to be trained as a artillery solider, now is it possible that i am able to go from artillery into infantry after serving artillery for a number of years? any answers would be appreciated! TY!

Dave

DaveyOldNavy said:
HAI! Pvt Dave here

"Pvt" is the US abbreviation for Private.

"Pte" is the Canadian abbreviation for Private.

"Pvt" is also, jokingly, the abbreviation for pervert.

DaveyOldNavy said:
now what are the requirements to be an officer?

That's what the Search Function is for. Search for "ROTP", DEO", "Officer requirements" etcetera. Officers need to be able to do their own research.

They also need to be able to capitalize and punctuate properly and use proper sentence structure.

DaveyOldNavy said:
is it possible that i am able to go from artillery into infantry after serving artillery for a number of years?

Again, use the Search Function. Try "remuster", "OT", and "Occupational Transfer" to start with.

"HAI?"
Were you using a Ginsu knife while you were typing?

The reason you were not informed of the requirments to be an Officer is probably because you either didn't ask or you didn't have the educational requirments. By that I mean your high school marks may not have been good enough to get you into a university.

It is obvious you have not done any research on how to Commisson from the ranks. If you had you would know what a BPSO is and does!

Back