• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Promotions in the CAF [Merged]

I am just curious if there is a CF standard within the PRes for promotion policy. Someone asked me this recently as their course mates got off of DP1 ACISS and got promoted to Cpl yet a certain unit which, the person hails from has Privates attending DP2 ACISS and PLQ Mod 1-5 despite members having years in ranging from 2 to 5 years.

Then at other units (namely infantry units) Cpl's exist who only have SQ.

This has some info, too:

http://www.admfincs.forces.gc.ca/cfa-oaf/049-05-eng.asp

The CFAO is extremely contradictory to the individuals unit.

They have privates with 5 years in who are MOC Qualified.

SevenSixTwo said:
The CFAO is extremely contradictory to the individuals unit.

They have privates with 5 years in who are MOC Qualified.

Know your soldiers and promote their welfare? ::)

Not mine.

CFAO 49-5 seems too outdated to try and bring against their CoC.

Especially since it says 2 years Private with QL1.

"Then at other units (namely infantry units) Cpl's exist who only have SQ."

Unless they transferred from another trade that ought never be the case.Without the DP1 infantry course achieved that member cannot qualify for promotion to Cpl within the infantry trade. I've seen remusters from other trades attend DP1 Infantry as a Cpl, but that should be it. No amount of Call of Duty experience entitles one to be considered for 'skilled entry' into the Infantry.  ;D

HollywoodCowboy said:
If your power point skills are weak , then your stuck at rank.

You may also be stuck at rank if you are unable to distinguish between your and you're....

PPCLI Guy said:
You may also be stuck at rank if you are unable to distinguish between your and you're....

:rofl:

That just made my day!

Regards

PPCLI Guy said:

:facepalm:

Thanks,  your, you're defiantly spot on about that, there, they're, their was a time when I could use proper grammar, which, witch at the moment it is sometimes right, write, rite most of the time.

Only a Captain IPC lvl 42 would have spotted that gross grammar error, you now can move up the chain young man.
:blotto:

HollywoodCowboy said:

Thanks,  your, you're defiantly spot on about that, there, they're, their was a time when I could use proper grammar, which, witch at the moment it is sometimes right, write, rite most of the time.

Only a Captain IPC lvl 42 would have spotted that gross grammar error, you now can move up the chain young man.

Better run quick! Not only do I hear the grammar police coming, I also foresee the wrath of a few mods striking down at you.  I suggest you mind your grammar before you're put on the warning ladder by the mods you probably p***ed off with your last post.

HollywoodCowboy said:

Excellent response!

At last I am free to fulfill my potential... 8)

frank1515 said:
Better run quick! Not only do I hear the grammar police coming, I also foresee the wrath of a few mods striking down at you.  I suggest you mind your grammar before you're put on the warning ladder by the mods you probably p***ed off with your last post.

Really, my last post, check your source on that one.

HollywoodCowboy said:

Well, a Capt 42 would have the answer to the ultimate question about Life, The Universe and Everything.

frank1515 said:

Why?

We'd probably be more pissed off at someone's attempt to create controversy by trolling the thread ;)

Milnet.ca Staff

SevenSixTwo said:
Not mine.

CFAO 49-5 seems too outdated to try and bring against their CoC.

Especially since it says 2 years Private with QL1.

Call it what you will it still amounts to the same - 2 years plus the trade course - QL1, BTT, TQ3.

Of course it still requires the paperwork done up and signed by the CO.  Perhaps there is something missing from the picture that they are still pte after 5?

Most Land Force Areas have their own directives, derived from the CFAO and LFCO 29-12, which provide more info.

(And we won't ask "Why is 29-12 still off the DWAN, pending re-write, for the better part of a decade?")

Back