• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"Production" NCO?......WTF?

Tyler

Inactive
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could answer this question for me: What the heck is a ‘production‘ NCO? I put my name in for a tasking this summer in Meaford (May 10 - Sept 02) and when the Adj. told me the name of the title I had no idea what it was, and apparently noone else does either.

Should I stick with it? Or put my name in for a better (but shorter.... ie: less money for school)tasking, like enemy force? I don‘t want to spend my whole summer in an office or a kitchen (God forbid!) I would actually like some field time.

Thanks.

Tyler

If I recall correctly, Meaford usually has one or more soldiers working in the Standards Section helping to produce the course packages from the master files for the couse staffs.

No idea, never heard of that position.

Good luck

Regards

Tyler-

Michael is correct. When I taught in Meaford, we‘d bring a 20 page document on a floppy to the standards department, and the production NCO would give us enough hard copies for our students. They were nice and friendly people, but it seemed like a rather mind numbing job. I don‘t know if they had field duties as well (int ops tend to stay in the air conditioning) but definitely the majority of their time was in an office.

Cheers

****, I can use a long, mind numbing tasking like that...

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated.

Sounds like a boring and uneventful tasking, but I think I‘ll apreciate the air conditioning come July. :D

My last tasking was a good one. I spent last summer in Pet with Leadership Coy. They had too many troops for Enema Force, so they made a seperate demo section that I was put in. It worked out pretty well, we layed out a proper AT mine field, did attacks on Soviet style trench systems, and fired the MG‘s when the leadership canidates had to practice fire control. I think I blasted through about six to eight thousand rounds of 5.56 and 7.62 ammo. I think that was more than I fired on my MG course. :mg: That probably won‘t happen again though...

Oh well, at least Wasaga Beach isn‘t too far away. :D

Tyler

Wasaga Beach is where the troopies go if/when they get weekends off. I recommend Sauble Beach, just as far away and although it‘s a smaller town, has just the same stuff as Wasaga, and no 17 year old course candidates out for their first drink ever and causing a ruckus.

On my course at Meaford last summer our instructors and other staff wouldn‘t be caught dead within sight of us during our mutual weekends off.

Tyler: Royal Highland is still digging that soviet style trench, you did section attacks on them....

How do soviet trenches differ from our own? Why is that relevant?

Never been in, so I dunno.

I recommend Sauble Beach...
Yeah, I forgot about that one. :)

On my course in Meaford our instructors would go to Sauble Beach, and most of the troops would go to Wasaga to avoid each other on weekends. Seeing your instructors on civie street was always a weird experience on course.

How do soviet trenches differ from our own? Why is that relevant?
I‘ll try and answer that as best I can. Since I‘m not exactly up to par on old Soviet doctrine, maybe someone in the know can correct me if I‘m wrong.

Basically, we dig one slit trench per fire team with OHP (over head protection) on the left hand side, which works out to four trenches per section. The trenches aren‘t connected to each other at all, they are spaced apart, usually by 10m.

The Soviets would put their entire section in one, long, zig-zagging trench system. In every other lane of the ‘zig-zag‘ you would encounter a small bunker or dug-out that would be used for OHP, each fire team in the section would have their own OHP.

If I remember correctly, there was an AT ditch, or some other kind of ditch in between each Soviet sections‘ trench that we would use for cover before taking each trench from the side.

Hope that helps.

Tyler

Back