• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Problems with post/preview function?

battleaxe

Inactive
Reaction score
Anybody else having problems with posting onto certain/specific threads?

I can't figure it out...has never happened before...DS advice would be appreciated.

One specific thread - http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/64775.0.html - I've been trying to post into.  Every time I try to preview or post, I get kicked back to the "Cannot display that page" warning.

If this gets through, it means it's only to that one specific thread.  What am I doing wrong?

Bren

I just tried it in the thread you linked and had no problems.

Scott said:
I just tried it in the thread you linked and had no problems.

Thanks for the quick reply.  I don't know...just tried it again and had the same outcome- "page cannot be displayed".  I'm submitting it exactly the same as I am submitting this comment...so if this goes through, I'm submitting properly. Is there anything (other than me) that could be causing the problem I'm describing?

Also, is there a way to get answers to these type of questions without posting a new thread?  i.e. a direct tech support contact or is contacting a DS by PM more appropriate (so that not everyone needs to know I'm computer challenged)?

Anyway, any ideas?

If you wish to speak to DS directly just go to the main page on the site then scroll to the bottom where it says "Who's Online", click on this feature and you'll be able to see which DS are here and when they were last active on the site. Then just click on their name to get their profile and PM them.

As far as the issue you're having goes, I'll have to defer to Mike on this one.

Try clearing your cookies....in IE go to TOOLS, INTERNET OPTIONS, CLEAR COOKIES.

I was able to post to that thread (then I removed the post - it was just a test).

I'm not sure what's going on either - like Scott, I'd have to defer to Mike on this one.

Roy

Hi,

Thanks for looking into it...but I think I figured it out.  I searched in IE for the error that came up (501-505)- seems it had to do with a URL address that I had put into the body of the post- it was too long. Does that make sense?

I took out the long internet address- and I got the post in. No more issues.

Just in case it happens to anyone else...and FYI.

Good day,

Bren

Thanks for letting us know about the details.  I'm sure Mike will be interested to know about it.

And I'm glad you were able to solve the problem and carry on.

Roy

Hi Bren,

Can you e-mail me the link that didn't work? I suspect it's our security system blocking your post as suspicious. Happens from time to time unfortunately.

Mike Bobbitt said:
Hi Bren,

Can you e-mail me the link that didn't work? I suspect it's our security system blocking your post as suspicious. Happens from time to time unfortunately.

It's on the way...

Back