• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Private Members Bill to Opt Out of Paying "Military Taxes"

Just when I thought I had heard everything from the NDP. They go and say something like this. I'll just shake my head and ignore them as usual.

Actually, this wouldn't be hard at all to implement.  The Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) has 33 million little boxes, one for each taxpayer (really).  Whenever you pay your taxes, the money that YOU pay goes into YOUR box.  Each time the government spends money, somebody has to go through each box and take out that taxpayer's share.  Simple really, although it does take a lot of people to manage this (that's why there are so many civil servants).  All they would have to do is paint each conscientious objector's box a different colour (e.g. pinko or perhaps orange) to make sure that when it's a military expenditure, the collector would be able to identify which boxes to skip over.  Of course this means that the collector will need to take more money from each of the other boxes, but hey what's a little inconvenience when it comes to democracy?

Speaking of puppetry, don't forget these guys:  http://www.puppetryofthepenis.com//url]

What's really sad is that tax dollars were wasted in order to produce this drivel.  What possible difference would this make to the bigger picture?  So we don't use the taxes from a bunch of conscientious objectors.  If this insanity were to actually be implemented, it would simply mean that the other taxpayers would each pay more out of their taxes for the defence budget, while the conscientious objectors would pay more out of theirs to cover the other programs.  The net difference would be zero - no change in taxes paid - no change in program budgets.  However, it would require increased funding to implement and manage this scheme, which would be a colossal waste.

Pusser said:
What's really sad is that tax dollars were wasted in order to produce this drivel.

At least YOUR tax payer dollars are producing something. MINE just seem to be flushed down the proverbial toilet while each side just bitches over how they aren't going to agree on anything.

Kinda make me want to move back north.

No problem, as long as they allow me to own and operate any weapons I please.

Brad Sallows said:
No problem, as long as they allow me to own and operate any weapons I please.

Only as long as you don't require a permit from the US Dept. of Energy, I'm all in support of your Second Amendment rights. ;D

Pass the bill by all means.

While we take note who wants to be a conscientious objector and not have their taxes go to the DND, we should note their addresses.

Then we should tell whatever group that would ever dream of invading/occupying Canada that if they invade any of their houses, and do not invade/harm/attack anyone else, the CF won't intervene.

I am pretty sure most of them will realize militaries are useful after all after that.

Can I be a conscientious objector and choose for my taxes no to go to the reserve housing funds? Especially in light of the below?

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/canada/pm-asks-what-happened-to-90m-spent-on-housing-at-ontario-reserve-134735958.html

AirForceMonkey said:
Can I be a conscientious objector and choose for my taxes no to go to the reserve housing funds? Especially in light of the below?

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/canada/pm-asks-what-happened-to-90m-spent-on-housing-at-ontario-reserve-134735958.html

Watch the cries of "racism" and other such nonsense be trotted out by the various cheifs.

Jim Seggie said:
Watch the cries of "racism" and other such nonsense be trotted out by the various cheifs.(as they cash their overinflated  cheques)

OK folks, now we have a bit more of a bone to chew on - proposed text of the bill attached.  Come & get it!  ;D

Well at least we now know for sure that this isn't a "Ministry of Peace" à la George Orwell.  :Tin-Foil-Hat:

Just as a discussion item would any one care to offer a % of defence expenditure that goes to Search and Rescue? -- genuinely curious

STOP! STOP! STOP!

I'm scheming right now... the document references money used by the "Canadian Armed Forces". Since we're just the Canadian Forces, maybe we could not say anything and keep collecting the money, all the while assuring him that not one penny has been sent to the Canadian Armed Forces! ;)

Duckie said:
STOP! STOP! STOP!

I'm scheming right now... the document references money used by the "Canadian Armed Forces". Since we're just the Canadian Forces, maybe we could not say anything and keep collecting the money, all the while assuring him that not one penny has been sent to the Canadian Armed Forces! ;)

Psssst....NDA section 14:

14. The Canadian Forces are the armed forces of Her Majesty raised by Canada and consist of one Service called the Canadian Armed Forces.

Swingline1984 said:
Well at least we now know for sure that this isn't a "Ministry of Peace" à la George Orwell.  :Tin-Foil-Hat:
Close (same MP) but wrong thread - try here:
http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/103588.0.html

I guess the NDP doesn't want to invade or do an intervention in Darfur anymore. Or participate in any future UN peacekeeping missions.

Just another example of how the NDP has zero grasp on how international politics works.  Not to mention how the world at large actually functions too.

what if there is a natural disaster or a terrorist attack occur, do we get to help everyone else?

Back