• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Previous drug use question 2002 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbird said:
Hmmm guess we'll see what happens huh. I find it interesting that so many people who don't know each other in different parts of the country are going through the same thing as we speak. I'm glad I came across this site it has made me feel like I'm not alone in all this. That somewhere someone knows exactly how I feel. Or have some great advice on how to help. I'm not in the Army yet and I already feel like part of a team.  :salute:

me too!

MysticLies said:
beyond Freaky, my naval recruiting officer just called, and wanted to see at what point I am at. I just told him I finished everything, and my application would most likely be sent next week. I told him about the time thing, and he said there still is a somewhat good chance that you can make it in time for June 27 BMQ. ;D So here is hoping.

you're recruiter is probably reading this board lololol.....uh, if my recruiter is reading this....a call would really lift my spirits ;D

NavComm said:
maybe you and I will be in Borden next April  ;D
maybe, thats at least one good thing that would come out of it. but If I don't make it this summer, its going to be a long, sad, hard summer. ;D

you're recruiter is probably reading this board lololol.....uh, if my recruiter is reading this....a call would really lift my spirits
that would explain why me and T-bird, were called near the same time. lol ;D

Hey Mystic and Nav do you know for sure that you'll be going to the same place? just curious

Tbird said:
Hey Mystic and Nav do you know for sure that you'll be going to the same place? just curious

She is all the way in B.C so she might not get to go to Borden(correct me if I am wrong Nav). I am all the way in Ontario, like 6 hours away from Borden, so I most likely would be going to Borden.

*have to go for now, it was nice sharing* ;)

Ohh ok I thought you had both been told that that was the location. Got it now  :)

Nav were you given more then 1 possibility for location regarding basic training? I was, just a tad confused as to why that is.

Yeah. I'm in BC too. A little too far away to straighten these things out in person.

Tbird said:
Nav were you given more then 1 possibility for location regarding basic training? I was, just a tad confused as to why that is.

Well yes and no LOL. I've always been told I would do bmq in Borden. Then a few weeks ago I got told I could go to Esquimalt, but it turns out the person who told me that was just new to the post and made a mistake. So it's back to Borden and only Borden for bmq. Then to either Halifax or Esquimalt for further training (probably next summer).

So did anyone get any calls yet, I still have to hand in my application on Monday, and hope it gets where it needs to get in time. :)

No news yet. I'm going to call again to check my med file status. Keep ya posted  :)

Nope, just talked to the recruiter on Friday, so I'm waiting. I'm going to go check my mail in a short time. It's still early here (8:45 a.m.). I'm hoping to hear this week.

hey guys...I handed in my PT and eye exam file today. And about 4 hours later I get a call from my local Navy recruiter, who said congrats I have been excepted. And that I am to go tomorrow to a ceremony that will be held. (I am guessing its some kind of expectation ceremony, because he said you Can bring your parents and a camera if I wanted. Also said to dress nicely and brink your Banking information. Did any one do this already? I still have to see if I can get in for BMQ :)

Wow that's awesome! Nothing like that is going on on my end. But i'm happy for ya  :salute:

Tbird said:
Wow that's awesome! Nothing like that is going on on my end. But i'm happy for ya  :salute:

hope you get a call soon :). Its probably an enrollment thing. So even if you don't get to go to BMQ you will get to go to this.

CANFORGEN 097/05 ADM HR MIL 020 201321Z MAY 05
CHANGE TO ENROLMENT MEDICAL PROCEDURE
UNCLASSIFIED

REFS: A. TRIAL DIRECTIVE 5323-1(COS ADM(HR-MIL)) 15 MAY 04
B. TRIAL ANALYSIS AND RECOMMENDATIONS 5671-2(COS CFRG) 5 JAN 05

THE PURPOSE OF THIS MESSAGE IS TO ANNOUNCE A CHANGE TO THE ENROLMENT MEDICAL PROCEDURE

BACKGROUND. AS A RESULT OF A REVIEW OF PRIMARY RESERVE (PRES) HR POLICIES A TRIAL WAS CONDUCTED TO DETERMINE THE FEASIBILITY OF EXPEDITING MEDICAL PROCEDURES FOR PRES RECRUIT APPLICANT ENROLMENT. THIS TRIAL INITIALLY INVOLVED THE PRIMARY RESERVE LAND FORCE ELEMENTS AND THE RECRUITING AND MEDICAL ASPECTS CONTROLLED BY ADM(HR-MIL). UNDER THIS TRIAL APPLICANTS WOULD BE ENROLLED INTO THE PRES AFTER BEING DEEMED MEDICALLY FIT BASED ON THE MEDICAL PART 2 WHILE PENDING FINAL MEDICAL PART 3 APPROVAL

TRIAL ANALYSIS RESULTS CONCLUDED THAT THE RISK OF ENROLLING A MEDICALLY UNFIT APPLICANT WAS MINIMAL AND ACCEPTABLE. ANY APPLICANTS SUBSEQUENTLY FOUND TO BE UNFIT ON THE MEDICAL PART 3 WILL BE RELEASED UNDER QR AND O 15.01 ITEM 5E (IRREGULAR ENROLMENT). THIS PROCEDURAL CHANGE HAS NOW BEEN ADOPTED ON A PERMANENT BASIS FOR ALL PRES APPLICANTS AND WILL BE ADOPTED FOR ALL REGULAR FORCE APPLICANTS EFFECTIVE 1 JUNE 05. IT DOES NOT APPLY TO CIC APPLICANTS. THE EXTENSION OF THIS PROCEDURE TO CIC APPLICANTS IS CURRENTLY THE SUBJECT OF ONGOING CONSIDERATION

Congrats Mystic! And thank you 2023, I guess this means we're all in pending being deemed unfit once in BMQ? Whoooohooooo!

MysticLies said:
hey guys...I handed in my PT and eye exam file today. And about 4 hours later I get a call from my local Navy recruiter, who said congrats I have been excepted. And that I am to go tomorrow to a ceremony that will be held. (I am guessing its some kind of expectation ceremony, because he said you Can bring your parents and a camera if I wanted. Also said to dress nicely and brink your Banking information. Did any one do this already? I still have to see if I can get in for BMQ :)

sounds like you are getting sworn in! Congrats!

I might just give my recruiter a call and see if this applies to all reserve applicants.

NavComm said:
I might just give my recruiter a call and see if this applies to all reserve applicants.

call him, and make sure you call both the army branch(where you did the interview and your medical) and the branch(army,navy,land) you are going to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back