• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Preparing for first Reserve BMQ weekend+SHARP training...!?!

I started my BMQ in October at Denison. Here is my advice. The first four weekends are the hardest as they want to get rid of the guys that don't want to be there. They won't yell at you in the classroom. Take lots of notes and write it down mostly word for word. You will get tested on everything you get taught. Bring two pens. Get up before 5:45 am and get ready for the day. IE shave before PT. Sleep in your pt gear minus your socks. Keep your canteen full always and keep loose threads off your uniform. The classroom stuff is a piece of cake. They don't make people fail on purpose. DO NOT fall asleep during a lecture. It's easy to do, and then they will make you stand for the rest of the lecture. If you get written up for an infraction and have to do extra PT. Make sure you get the stuff you missed from a buddy. When you hand in homework, make sure it is error-free. IE no crossed out mistakes.

Mo-litia

Hey! I was once an Eddie, back in the day. You may well know the sgt of which I speak!

He went Reg, but he's still known.

He also had another great saying
"Life is hard, but it's harder if you're stupid"

While there are plenty of "Royal" units, there is only one "Loyal" Regiment left on a commonwealth country's order of battle.

Jimmy Bond said:
Mo-litia
Hey! I was once an Eddie, back in the day. You may well know the sgt of which I speak!
While there are plenty of "Royal" units, there is only one "Loyal" Regiment left on a commonwealth country's order of battle.

;D I've got an idea who it might be . . .

. . . of course you're right about the Loyal thing - there's no other regiment quite like the Eddies! :salute:

xterra rat said:
I started my BMQ in October at Denison. Here is my advice. The first four weekends are the hardest as they want to get rid of the guys that don't want to be there. They won't yell at you in the classroom. Take lots of notes and write it down mostly word for word. You will get tested on everything you get taught. Bring two pens. Get up before 5:45 am and get ready for the day. IE shave before PT. Sleep in your pt gear minus your socks. Keep your canteen full always and keep loose threads off your uniform. The classroom stuff is a piece of cake. They don't make people fail on purpose. DO NOT fall asleep during a lecture. It's easy to do, and then they will make you stand for the rest of the lecture. If you get written up for an infraction and have to do extra PT. Make sure you get the stuff you missed from a buddy. When you hand in homework, make sure it is error-free. IE no crossed out mistakes.

5:45 ...DAMN YOUR LUCKY

Thanks for all the advice folks, now I know what I'm getting myself into! I'm excited still somehow.... :p

THIS bit of info was a gold mine, thanks again!!!

PS> I got it wrong, the actual weekend wasn't the one that just past but it's THIS weekend comming, Jan 21-23rd. I'll post how it went/goes!

Joe
:salute:

Back