• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Preparing for CFAT

J.Harris

Inactive
Reaction score
It has been 5-6 years since I have done any type of math. What types of math should I brush up on before going in for this test? (i.e. long division)

Thanks!

J

One of the first things you will be told is that the test cannot be discussed in specifics.
Would not hurt to practice fractions, long division, multiplication, finding the area, addition, subtraction

all of the above without use of calculators.
My advice - be ready to do the best you possibly can, get a good nights sleep, have a strong healthy breakfast and believe in your ability!
good luck Harris

Get a GED math prep book and work through it, by hand without a calculator especially. That's the approximate level of what's required (based on the minimum requirement of Grade 10 for most trades.) Don't forget to brush up on your language and spatial skills, too. There are plenty of practice tests for free on the internet to help you get a feel for what the test will be like. Good luck!

Just to add on to what STJ_Kierstead and TinaK said, even though I can't say specifics, along with the math study up hard on your verbal/english kind of skills, more so vocabulary. That is the part I had the most trouble with, the math was pretty easy because I had just done high school math, but try and build up your vocabulary a bit to include lots of big words  :p The spatial part I found pretty hard to study for, it was more just paying attention quickly, which seems kind of backwards, but that's what I think most of the CFAT is actually about, being able to solve problems quickly while under pressure. If there wasn't a time limit most of the questions would be fairly easy to figure out!

Good Luck, let us know how it goes!  :)

Back