• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PRC Is Ready to Invade Hong Kong

This from POTUS45 - more in the South China Morning Post here.

Attachments

• TRUMPINT-CHN-hong-kong-twitter.JPG
    TRUMPINT-CHN-hong-kong-twitter.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 169
milnews.ca said:
This from POTUS45 - more in the South China Morning Post here.
Just to confirm, this is the 16-17 US Intelligence Agencies that Trump hates/distrusts/undermines.....  NOW  they're magically quotable? :pop:

China has cancelled upcoming port visits to Hong Kong by two US Navy warships amid continued protests and rising tensions.

The San Antonio-class amphibious transport dock USS Green Bay was set to visit Hong Kong on August 17, and the Ticonderoga-class cruiser USS Lake Erie was expected to arrive next month.

The Chinese government has, however, decided to deny these requests, the US Pacific Fleet told INSIDER in a statement Tuesday ...
Source (businessinsider.com, 13 Aug 2019)
The US' request to have its navy warships visit Hong Kong amid protests there is inappropriate and could have ulterior motives, Chinese experts said on Wednesday as China has reportedly turned the request down.

US Navy's transport dock ship Green Bay and guided missile cruiser Lake Erie requested port visits to Hong Kong in the next few weeks, but China has rejected the request, CNN reported on Wednesday, citing a statement by Nate Christensen, the deputy spokesman for the US Navy's Pacific Fleet.

This is not the first time China has denied a visit by a US warship to Hong Kong. In September 2018, China decline a port visit for US amphibious assault ship Wasp.

Yang Yujun, dean of the Academy of Media and Public Affairs at Communication University of China and a former Defense Ministry spokesperson, told the Global Times on Wednesday that it is within China's scope of sovereignty to approve a US warship's request to visit Hong Kong, just as the US needs to approve visits by Chinese naval vessels to Hawaii

"The security situation in Hong Kong is very severe, and the US government had just issued a travel warning to US citizens. At this timing, the US' request to have warships stop by in Hong Kong is contradictory to the warning and very inappropriate," Yang said.

"We can clearly see the role the US has been playing in the turmoil in Hong Kong. We are highly suspicious of US motives, now that it still expects to have warships visit Hong Kong," Yang noted ...
Source (CHN military media, 14 Aug 2019 - full text also attached if you don't want to click on a CHN mil link)

Attachments

• eng.chinamil.com.cn-US Navy request for HK port visit amid protests may suggest ulterior motiv...pdf
    85.2 KB · Views: 47
Funny. The Tiananmen square guy standing in front of a column of tanks.. If you look around you can find the picture of the column that goes for miles

Global news video about protests (on both sides) in Halifax. 

I chuckled a bit at the end with the modified Mustang with a "Bayi" decal, which happens to be one of the insignia for the PLA.  That means "August 1st", in honour of its formation on Aug 1, 1927. 

https://globalnews.ca/video/5779861/hundreds-rally-in-halifax-over-hong-kong-political-unrest

300,000 to be approximate ...  I lived in Vancouver. I left because of Chinese abuse and bulling. Only so many times I can be spit on before I call them out. I would do a Tiananmen 2.o

commander-cb said:
300,000 to be approximate ...  I lived in Vancouver. I left because of Chinese abuse and bulling. Only so many times I can be spit on before I call them out. I would do a Tiananmen 2.o

Spit on?  ???

commander-cb said:

Who was bullying?

commander-cb said:
I lived in Vancouver. I left because of Chinese abuse and bulling.

That's disappointing and surprising to hear. Here in the GTA I've had nothing but positive and pleasant experiences - professional and personal - with Chinese-Canadians.

If I had any negative experiences, I don't remember any.

This man passed away last year and did a lot for our community ( Swansea ).
http://www.swansea.ca/people-alex-ling.php

Looking at some photos of the protest at Hong Kong airport. People holding up signs apologising to travellers for inconvenience.
https://www.google.com/search?biw=1280&bih=641&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=wBFaXdCDOZCHggfKpaSYAg&q=%22hong+kong%22+airport+apology+&oq=%22hong+kong%22+airport+apology+&gs_l=img.12..35i39.325663.336560..340594...0.0..0.164.766.0j6......0....1..gws-wiz-img.QvigGV6jCes&ved=0ahUKEwjQ45jL-Y3kAhWQg-AKHcoSCSMQ4dUDCAY#spf=1566184218630

Change - ROUND!
The Hong Kong Garrison of the Chinese People's Liberation Army on Thursday morning completed the 22nd rotation since it began garrisoning Hong Kong in 1997.

Approved by the Central Military Commission, the move is a normal routine annual rotation in line with the Law of the People's Republic of China on Garrisoning the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR).

The new personnel arrived at the garrison barracks via land, sea and air.

The fresh members have been trained and carried out studies to master military skills and knowledge about the general situation in Hong Kong and relevant laws ...
More from CHN military media here (full text also attached if you don't want to link to a CHN page)

Edited to add this from the South China Morning Post ...
... Photos show troops arriving in the city before dawn, with military armoured vehicles exchanged for anti-riot types ...
... and this from the CHN Communist Party info-machine on whazzup in the big city right on the edge of Hong Kong:
A total of 240,000 Shenzhen residents have been mobilized to work as volunteer police to prevent terrorism and violent crimes as neighboring Hong Kong has been vandalized by violent protests for more than two months.

A volunteer police team of 5,000 residents including people working in the catering and retail industry was launched in Shenzhen's Futian district on Tuesday, local police confirmed with the Global Times on Wednesday.

The volunteer officers will wear police reflective vests and carry flashing lights, whistles and batons when patrolling the city's main streets day and night under the guidance and serve as an assist force to the police.

The team has already started their work in a Futian community under two pilot programs where they patrol the streets and intervene immediately if they spot a fight or other crimes, according to a statement Futian public security bureau sent to the Global Times on Wednesday ...

Attachments

• PLA-garrison-in-Hong-Kong-completes-22nd-routine-rotation-accessed-292335utc-aug-2019.pdf
    21.2 KB · Views: 52
I bet the troops rotated in will have had alot of riot training and crowd control.

tomahawk6 said:
I bet the troops rotated in will have had alot of riot training and crowd control.

If there's alot of them, that's about all they'll need!

They rotated in, but did any rotate out? 

The media showed them coming in and no one going not.

Risky move to film troop movements at all in China and the SAA.

The chance to increase the Hong Kong garrison was something The Party bosses couldn't pass up.

Spencer100 said:
They rotated in, but did any rotate out? 

The media showed them coming in and no one going not.
True, but media reports talked about vehicles being switched, so that presumes outbound vehicles, too.

Back