• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PPCLI Regimental Day - March 17

axeman

Inactive
Reaction score
Happy regimental Day Patricias 

:salute:  hope the broom-i-loo isnt to hard on the new guys... :cdn:

Happy Regimental Day to all Patricias.  May you enjoy a great game of broom-i-loo, and much rum and egg nog.

STATEMENT FROM MADAME CLARKSON
REGIMENTAL DAY, 17 MARCH 2008

My Dear Patricias:

Happy Regimental Day!  The Regiment has returned to carry out its important work in Afghanistan.  Patricias serving in the Second Battalion Battle Group, the Operational Mentor and Liaison Team, the Provincial Reconstruction Team and elsewhere in Afghanistan remain in my thoughts and prayers.  I also pray for the families and friends they left behind.  It was a pleasure to meet with many of these brave men and women during my visit with the Regiment in Wainwright last September, an experience I will always treasure.  Our soldiers are thoroughly prepared and I am confident that the Patricias serving in Afghanistan will uphold the Regiment’s excellent traditions of groundbreaking leadership, professionalism, dedication and perseverance in the face of great adversity.

Important work continues in Canada.  The First and Third Battalions are preparing to return to Afghanistan in 2009.  Patricias serving in the schools and training establishments in Wainwright, St. Jean and Gagetown are busy training the Regiment’s soldiers and junior leaders for the challenges they will face in the years ahead.  Patricias serving in headquarters across the country are conscientiously working on the planning and coordination required to make this all happen.  The Loyal Edmonton Regiment is getting ready to celebrate 100 years of service to Canada and the PPCLI Association is working diligently to improve the Museum and Archives, organize the 95th Anniversary celebrations and support wounded soldiers, veterans and their families.  I hope that all of you have an opportunity to celebrate our Regimental Day and wish good luck to the Broom-i-loo players as they face off on cold fields across Canada.

My first year as your Colonel-in-Chief has been a very rich and rewarding experience.  So much has happened since the change of appointment parade last March.  My visits to Edmonton, Vimy, Calgary, Wainwright and Gagetown were extremely memorable and I look forward to meeting many more Patricias in the coming year.

Yours faithfully,

Adrienne Clarkson
Colonel-in-Chief

;D I love that game  ;D
Is there any snow in Edmonton right now? Always better in some nice deep snow.

Happy Birthday to the Patricia's  :cdn: :salute:

Wook

The Brom i Loo game in Cyprus in March 83 was one of the best I'd seen. The Officers vs Snr NCOs was a classic in the annals of BroomiLoo.
Observing the game was General Hewson, future Col of the Regt. I young pte, a big one, asked the General how he was, then picked the General up and rolled him in the mud. The General got up howling...laughing as hard as anyone I'd ever seen. A real good sport!!

Yeah, we got a decent dump Friday night. What kind of things might be going on during Regimental Day?

The First Battalion will be playing at 1330 today, after a quick address from the Colonel of the Regiment.  We will have a Pte/Cpl vs MCpl game, followed by the Offr / SNCO bloodletting (its time to take back the Horse's Head from the SNCOs).  The DCO has kindly sprung for $1000 worth of moose milk, and Strong Contender just kicked off, so it should be a good day.

It has been two years out of the Regiment and I miss Regimental Day.  The best game of broom-a-loo was in Bosnia 00 when they brought us in from all over the AOR to play other Regiments.....a few injuries that day!
March 17 will never be St-Patricks-Day....it is REGIMENTAL DAY!!!!

Happy Regimental Day Patricia's....Serving and ex-Patricia's! To the Regiment.....Cheers!  :salute:

I totally forgot that today was "Broom a Loo" day!  A happy Regimental Day to all my PPCLI cousins in arms!  :cdn:

Happy Regimental day boys!  Get some for me on the Broom-i-loo pitch!

From an old ex Guardsman(2Bn and  Regt Band), Happy Regimental Day.  :salute:

For those that weren't aware, the 3Bn PPCLI were rebadged to 2 Bn Cdn Gds on their way back from Korea in 1953.

(Almost part of the family)  ;D

All the best  Drummy

Happy Regimental Day!

PPCLI Guy said:
We will have a Pte/Cpl vs MCpl game, followed by the Offr / SNCO bloodletting (its time to take back the Horse's Head from the SNCOs).

Post the results!  ;D

B Coy of the 3rd was victorious today in 2 games..... the highlight reel (had cameras been rolling) would have included a suplex on a poor young pte.... no serious injuries, which based on the conduct was surprising!

I'm not sure who won the offcrs/SnrNco game..... I think the officers may have won by score, but the pte/cpl's were too busy snowballing and snatching any poor officers unfortunate enough to get close to the sidelines to really notice a silly matter like the score.

Definately a great time had by everyone this morning!

1 VP had a great Day of Broomaloo. The Officers eagerly took the horses ass and the LCol humbly returned the Horses Head to the RSM. It was a great day for beer and Moosmilk and of course the opportunity to pass on PPCLI traditions to new members of the regiment.  :salute:

As I am in St Jean on course and will not be participating in any Regimental activites, I would like to wish all Patricias Past, Present and Future a happy Regimental Day.

Is it a coincidence that it's on St. Patrick's Day?  :st.patty:

Just kidding, happy Regimental Day to all.

Happy Regimental Day, to all members of the PPCLI family.

Just to clear some confusion today is not the Regimental Birthday that is Aug 10th.  Regimental Day is in honour of the birthday of Princess Patricia of Connaught (later Lady Patricia Ramsey).

Back