• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Post election talk here....

I have an ominous feeling we'll all be kissing Liberal a$$ again for another decade.

Liberals have always done well in the maritimes, this is nothing new. Wait till the results come from quebec and ontario, that is where (as usual) the election will change either way.  But now it isnt looking very good.

Ontario results are showing.

The Liberals have a very strong early showing right now, and the MND looks like he will keep his seat.

Here is another up to the second results site: http://www.cbc.ca/canadavotes/candidatesridings/index.html

I would have put $$$ on the PC's making it close.  General public are a bunch of lemmings.

I'm feeling a little better now at the current numbers. As for "lemmings", no truer words were ever spoken.

Looks like its a Liberal minority govt. Liberals showed strong results in Atlantic Canada and Ontario.

For the forth straight time, prepare to pucker up people. :rage:

Which means that it will that much harder to get anything passed in gov't, regardless of the party in charge.

As a minority, the liberal government will be very different from the ones we have known.

I don't know that I like the NDP holding the balance of power though.

I can't believe the Liberals are in again. As usual, I guess Canadians get what they deserve  :skull:          My friends and family all live in NB, and they were all voting Conservative (or CPC or whatever it is now)  The Canadian voters are an odd lot. Just goes to show that the circles I run in (most of you guys) aren't typical of Canadians....

I think the Board's "after-election" opinions will be more interesting than the pre-election ones....

CFL said:
How do you mean, "they will be different"?
A minority will not have the freedom to do what it wants to.  The other parties will have the numbers to block anything that the Liberals cannot get outside support for.

That doesn't necessarily mean a good thing.  The other parties could block legislation out of spite.  And yes I believe they would.

As usual, the majority of Canadians have supported they,re  beloved gun registry, sponsership money to nowhere, military helicopters falling from the sky, fancy jets for politicians..... etc. etc. etc. etc.

A coalition government could prevent that.  My concern is that a coalition with the NDP or Bloc would actually shift the liberals more to the left.  I think this is the opposite direction to what most Canadians would prefer.

Limpy said:
As usual, the majority of Canadians have supported they,re  beloved gun registry, sponsership money to nowhere, military helicopters falling from the sky, fancy jets for politicians..... etc. etc. etc. etc.
I don't think Canadians supported anything.  I think more people voted against something else.

"The devil you know is better than the devil you don't know"

I think alot of Canadians thought that way.

Looks like no money for the military. The NDP will be using their sway to take the money right from our very needy military. Sigh :threat:

Goober said:
"The devil you know is better than the devil you don't know"

I think alot of Canadians thought that way.

Actually, I think your probably right about that.

Back