• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

POLL: PERSONALITY TEST

ENTJ

BMQ (AD ARTY) in a few weeks. Going to try for an OT to crewman though.

I took that test and Im a Primary Gold. Im sure that many people on here would be a Gold person.

Short Description:
I am conventional. I am the pillar of strength and have high respect for authority. I like to establish and maintain policies, procedures, and schedules. I have a strong sense of right and wrong. I am naturally parental and dutiful.I do things that require organization, dependability, management, and detail. I need to be useful and to belong. I am the sensible, stable backbone of any group.

Kyle.

I'm a civilian now.

LOL - I'm INTJ (2.9% /population) or ENTJ (2.2%/population), depending if I feel sociable when I take the test.

INTJ - Introverted Intuition with Extroverted Thinking
Independent, original, analytical, and determined. Have an exceptional ability to turn theories into solid plans of action. Highly value knowledge, competence, and structure. Driven to derive meaning from their visions. Long-range thinkers. Have very high standards for their performance, and the performance of others. Natural leaders, but will follow if they trust existing leaders.

ENTJ - Extroverted Thinking with Introverted Intuition
Assertive and outspoken - they are driven to lead. Excellent ability to understand difficult organizational problems and create solid solutions. Intelligent and well-informed, they usually excel at public speaking. They value knowledge and competence, and usually have little patience with inefficiency or disorganization.

;D I agree - I have little patience, value knowledge and will take over at any sign of demonstrated incompetence. I have been forbidden to teach others after I scared them.  :'( ( ;))

I just took the test and am ESTJ.

My MOC choices are as follows;

1.  ACS Tech
2.  AVN Tech

Please let us know your results, when you get a large enough sample. The scientist in me is curious to know.

ISTP and proud of it. :D

Infantry Officer 23U

-Interested in how and why things work
-Do not function well in regimented, structured environments; they will either feel stifled or become intensely bored ...Uh oh. 
-Constantly gather facts about their environment and store them away
-Have an excellent ability to apply logic and reason to their immense store of facts to solve problems or discover how things work
-Learn best "hands-on"
-Usually able to master theory and abstract thinking, but don't particularly like dealing with it unless they see a practical application
-Action-oriented "doers"
-Focused on living in the present, rather than the future
-Love variety and new experiences
-Highly practical and realistic
-Excellent "trouble-shooters", able to quickly find solutions to a wide variety of practical problems
-Results-oriented; they like to see immediate results for their efforts
-Usually laid-back and easy-going with people
-Risk-takers who thrive on action
-Independent and determined - usually dislike committing themselves
-Usually quite self-confident

That last one is usually just an act.

Dominant Extraverted Sensing
ESTP & ESFPWhat is it like?

By Danielle Poirier www.RebelEagle.com
© copyright Rebel Eagle Productions

Extraverted sensing types are pragmatic and realistic with a zest for living life to the fullest by way of multiplying experiences. Always on the alert for what needs immediate attention or what might provide a bit of action, excitement or entertainment, they engage quickly with their environment. They seek and enjoy freedom, are good-natured, direct, and tolerant and are often the ones who provide levity.

They have a way with dealing with people on a very equal platform and are not easily star struck. Rank, celebrity and status mean little when they are face to face with another individual.

On the job, they appreciate having the right tools and are quite ingenious at finding ways to fix and repair things with dexterity. They love variety and are curious and adventurous, enjoying the unexpected. Their brand of extraversion is one of deeds rather than words. As long as things are moving along, they are happy. They like to keep things simple and immediate, going with the flow. They are helpful in very concrete ways, providing the correct tools or specific service the person requires. They often have an uncanny ability to respond appropriately in cases of emergencies, often having excellent reflexes. They act without thinking. They also tend to have natural mediating skills.

They are attuned to the environment and the myriad colours, textures, sounds, beauty and the sensuousness of it all. They are quite graceful and agile while moving through their environment. They love having fun and if things are too quiet they may provide the entertainment or distraction. They learn by imitation and are keen observers. They teach through example. Their attention will always go towards whatever provides the keenest impression on their senses.

I am ESTP.

Wolf  :cdn:

Extraverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging
by Joe Butt
Profile: ENTJ
Revision: 3.0
Date of Revision: 27 Feb 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?"
ENTJs have a natural tendency to marshall and direct. This may be expressed with the charm and finesse of a world leader or with the insensitivity of a cult leader. The ENTJ requires little encouragement to make a plan. One ENTJ put it this way... "I make these little plans that really don't have any importance to anyone else, and then feel compelled to carry them out." While "compelled" may not describe ENTJs as a group, nevertheless the bent to plan creatively and to make those plans reality is a common theme for NJ types.

ENTJs are often "larger than life" in describing their projects or proposals. This ability may be expressed as salesmanship, story-telling facility or stand-up comedy. In combination with the natural propensity for filibuster, our hero can make it very difficult for the customer to decline.

TRADEMARK: -- "I'm really sorry you have to die." (I realize this is an overstatement. However, most Fs and other gentle souls usually chuckle knowingly at this description.)

ENTJs are decisive. They see what needs to be done, and frequently assign roles to their fellows. Few other types can equal their ability to remain resolute in conflict, sending the valiant (and often leading the charge) into the mouth of hell. When challenged, the ENTJ may by reflex become argumentative. Alternatively (s)he may unleash an icy gaze that serves notice: the ENTJ is not one to be trifled with.

Functional Analysis

Extraverted Thinking
"Unequivocating" expresses the resoluteness of the ENTJ's dominant function. Clarity of convictions endows these Thinkers with a knack for debate, or wanting knack, a penchant for argument. The light and heat generated by Thinking at the helm can be impressive; perhaps even overwhelming. Experience teaches many ENTJs that restraint may often be the better part of valor, lest one find oneself victorious but alone.

Introverted iNtuition
The auxiliary function explores the blueprints of archetypal patterns and equips Thinking with a fresh, dynamic sense of how things work. Improvising on the fly is something many ENTJs do very well. As Thinking's subordinate, insights are of value only insofar as they further the Right, True Cause celebre. [n.b.: ENTJs are capable of living on a higher plane, if you will, and learning to value individuals even above their principles. The above dynamic suggests less individuation.]

Extraverted Sensing
Sensing reaches out to embrace that which physically touches it. ENTJs have an awareness of the real; of that which exists. By stilling the engines of Thinking and iNtuition, this type may experience the Here and Now, and know things not dreamt of nor even postulated in iNtuition's philosophy. Sensing's minor role, however, puts it at risk for distortion or extreme weakness beneath the hustle and bustle of the giants N and T.

Introverted Feeling
Feeling is romantic, as the ethereal as the inner world from whence it doth emerge. When it be awake, feeling evokes great passion that knows not nuance of proportion nor context. Perhaps these lesser functions inspire glorious recreational quests in worlds that never were, or may only ever be in fantasy. When overdone or taken too seriously, Fi turned outward often becomes maudlin or melodramatic. Feeling in this type appears most authentic when implied or expressed covertly in a firm handshake, accepting demeanor, or act of sacrifice thinly covered by excuses of lack of any personal interest in the relinquished item.

Famous ENTJs:
U.S. Presidents:
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Richard M. Nixon
Benny Goodman, "Big Band" leader
General Norman Schwarzkopf
Harrison Ford
Steve Martin
Whoopi Goldberg
Sigourney Weaver
Margaret Thatcher
Al Gore (U.S Vice President, 1993-2001)
Lamar Alexander (former governor, US Secretary of Education)
Les Aspen, former U.S. Secretary of Defense
Candace Bergen (Murphy Brown)
Dave Letterman
Newt Gingrich
Patrick Stewart (STNG: Jean Luc Picard)
Robert James Waller (author: The Bridges of Madison County)
Jim Carrey (Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, The Mask)
Steve Jobs
Penn Jillette

Fictional ENTJs:
Geordi LaForge (STNG)

Copyright © 1996-2005 Joe Butt

Type Relationships for ENTJs:
Identity Pal Complement Contrast
Supplement Anima Suitemate Cohort
Companion Tribesman Advisor Pedagogue
Enigma Novelty Neighbor Counterpart

Any other ENTJ's out there?

I just read my INTJ profile and I look totally insane ! Hopefully normal people like Kennedy, Colin Powell and Hannibal are INTJ. (How in the world can they know that Hannibal was INTJ ???)

I'm a software engineer, I have a philosophy degree and I want to become infantry officer. (That's sane isn't it ?)

But seriously only the I part was obvious to me. All the rest I had a hard time to tell. INTP, INFJ, ISTJ all fit more or less to me.

Fry said:
Any other ENTJ's out there?

ENTJ here.

The one thing I would point out in Fry's listing, or anyone else's, is that the list of 'persons who are (for example) ENTJ's' is not credible.  Unless a person takes the test themselves, you cannot say what they are, only what they may likely be, and it can never be proven (or proven otherwise, which is why it often goes unchallenged).  This is (supposed to be) standard dogma for all practitioners, so its a bit hypocritical when some of them claim to 'know' what personality type Kennedy or Benjamin Franklin was.  It would be the same as an instructor pointing at you and saying 'dont bother taking the assessment, I know your an ISTP'.  The lists of names are only marketing tools.

ENTP - total 8 years comms. Interesting - most of the ENTP-types have something to do with communications.

:cdn:
Hawk

ISTP

"They may tend to neglect social requirements and responsibilities, finding many relationships to be too superficial to be of much interest."

Not if there's beer involved!!  ;)   :cheers:

Back