• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Politics in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost hate to admit this but, the NDP government in BC has, so far, acted more "small c-conservative" than its Liberal (supposed conservative) predecessor.

I am starting to read the official opposition to Kinder Morgan as a "forlorn hope" that John Horgan knows is doomed to fail, but that placates his base and unbalances the Green Party.

What he might be losing in Green/Left support, he is more than making up in former Liberal support. He might pull a majority government out of this yet.

Trudeau's comments on Vets want more than the government can afford. $1M per week up in smoke (vapours).

How much to repair the grass?

Attachments

• Parliament Hill.JPG
    Parliament Hill.JPG
    188.5 KB · Views: 550
SeaKingTacco said:
I would actually be in favour of getting rid of most of INAC and give all of the money directly to First Nations every April 1. I would remove all strings on how it is spent (surplus funds can be saved for future years), except one:

1). All federal money is fully audited every year. Spend it on "band council retreats to Vegas", if you like- but everyone is going to know.

My solution skips the band council and would see the money divided up and paid to each adult, perhaps with an allowance for each child.

The band councils could then tax members to pay for programmes and infrastructure.

That would likely/hopefully give band members the ability and desire to force transparency, accountability, and restraint within their communities.

Rifleman62 said:
Trudeau's comments on Vets want more than the government can afford. $1M per week up in smoke (vapours).

How much to repair the grass?

The grass, ah, uh, will, uh, ah, repair, ah, uh, itself.

Loachman said:
My solution skips the band council and would see the money divided up and paid to each adult, perhaps with an allowance for each child.

The band councils could then tax members to pay for programmes and infrastructure.

That would likely/hopefully give band members the ability and desire to force transparency, accountability, and restraint within their communities.

The problem with that approach is that the number of First Nations people in Canada would magically increase by ten-fold...

Loachman said:

That's a fantastic idea. Could also change the Indian Act so individuals on reserves would be allowed to own property. Property tax paid to the band would pay for a lot of upgrades.

Only for those residing on reserves.

But perhaps a DNA test to establish legitimacy would be required.

Five articles in one post:

https://www.spencerfernando.com/2018/03/25/falling-fast-chart-shows-investment-collapse-trudeau-government/

FALLING FAST: Chart Shows Investment Collapse Under Trudeau Government

Money Spencer Fernando March 25, 2018

Carbon taxes and increasingly burdensome regulations imposed by the Trudeau government have caused a collapse of investment into Canada.

A chart based upon Statistics Canada data shared by the Conservatives shows the full extent of the investment collapse under the Trudeau government.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4104673/trudeau-liberals-approval-rating-down/

Liberal approval rating drops to 44% as women, middle class look to Tories: Ipsos poll

By Rahul Kalvapalle

March 26, 2018 7:00 am

Discontent with the Trudeau Liberals has grown to such a level that if a federal election were held tomorrow, the Conservatives would romp to a comfortable win.

That’s according to a new Ipsos poll that found the Liberals to be hemorrhaging support even among their target demographics, namely the middle class, women and millennials, with many progressives increasingly weighing up a vote for the NDP.

Overall, 56 per cent of the 1,003 Canadians surveyed for the poll said the Liberals have fallen short of expectations, with 60 per cent saying it’s time for them to make way for another federal party.

Only five per cent said the Trudeau government exceeded their expectations.

https://www.spencerfernando.com/2018/03/26/justin-trudeau-knew-national-security-advisor-going-brief-media-hes-lying-cant-testify-didnt-know-hes-incompetent/

If Justin Trudeau Knew The National Security Advisor Was Going To Brief The Media, Then He’s Lying About Why He Can’t Testify. If He Didn’t Know, Then He’s Incompetent.

News Spencer Fernando March 26, 2018

Which is why he can’t seem to bring himself to answer the question.

Justin Trudeau is trying to get everyone to focus on his ‘offer’ of a classified briefing for Andrew Scheer on the India conspiracy theory.

Of course, as I’ve pointed out, the ‘offer’ is a trap, since Scheer won’t be able to speak about what he’s told in the briefing, which would make it the perfect venue for the Trudeau government to admit that the India conspiracy theory is a total farce.

Yet, Trudeau’s ‘offer’ brings up an interesting truth:

If Justin Trudeau knew that National Security Advisor Daniel Jean was going to brief the media on the discredited conspiracy theory, then he’s lying about why Jean can’t testify. After all, if Trudeau is refusing to let Jean testify to elected Members of Parliament because he’s worried about classified info being released, then why would he have approved Jean speaking to the media about that exact same info?

Yet, if Trudeau didn’t know that Jean was going to speak to the media, it means that he is so incompetent that the government spread a discredited conspiracy – that severely damaged our relationship with a close ally - and garnered international attention, all without the Prime Minister being aware of it.

So, either Trudeau is lying, or he’s incompetent.

https://www.spencerfernando.com/2018/03/26/watch-canadas-federal-market-debt-surpasses-1-trillion-morneau-gets-grilled-endless-deficits/

WATCH: After Canada’s Federal Market Debt Surpasses $1 Trillion, Morneau Gets Grilled On Endless Deficits

Money Spencer Fernando March 26, 2018

In the Standing Committee on Finance, Moneybags Morneau was grilled on why he refuses to even say “balanced budget,” and why he is running up massive amounts of debt - contrary to the Liberals campaign promises.

MP Dan Albas pointed out that the debt incurred by the Trudeau Liberals can’t even be justified by a war or a recession, and is instead related to an ideological choice by the Trudeau government to run large deficits.

For him to say that the Trudeau Liberals economic plan is working is totally false. Instead, our debt has exploded, our economy is slowing down, and investment is collapsing.

https://www.spencerfernando.com/2018/03/27/trudeau-government-order-national-security-advisor-share-classified-info-media/

Did The Trudeau Government Order The National Security Advisor To Share Classified Info With The Media?

News Spencer Fernando March 27, 2018

Trudeau’s attempt to trap Andrew Scheer has backfired.

The Atwal affair keeps getting worse for the Trudeau government.

The more they try to dig themselves out of the hole they find themselves in, the farther they fall in.

When they offered Andrew Scheer a classified briefing on the issue, they probably thought they were being clever. After all, a classified briefing would mean that Scheer couldn’t talk about what he is told, making it the perfect place for the Trudeau Liberals to admit that their India conspiracy theory is false.

Scheer, knowing it’s a trap, and didn’t take the bait, but the Liberals still probably felt they could score points by making the ‘generous’ offer.

Instead, it’s backfired.

Scheer pointed out that he wanted the same briefing on the India conspiracy theory that National Security Advisor Daniel Jean gave to the media.

It was that briefing which led to the India conspiracy theory being spread in the first place, as the media reported on it once Jean briefed them.

However, the Trudeau government claims that they can only offer Andrew Scheer a classified briefing on that same issue, as Scheer has the necessary clearance to get classified briefings - clearance which most MPs lack.

The problem for the Liberals is, the media lacks that clearance as well. So, if they are saying that Andrew Scheer needs high level clearance to hear the same thing the government told National Security Advisor Daniel Jean to share with the media, then they are tacitly admitting that they ordered Jean to share classified information with those who lack the clearance to hear it.

And, if they didn’t order Jean to share classified info, then they are lying about why Scheer needs a classified briefing.

As we can see, the Trudeau Liberals’ attempt to trap Andrew Scheer has backfired, and they have instead trapped themselves.

Either they were willing to share classified info for political reasons – showing a total disregard for our national security and public service – or they are lying to hide their increasingly bungled cover-up.

Loachman said:

This. right. here.

And as a side benefit, it removes a lot of the "patriarchal" government control over First Nations and returns power to them (but through individuals rather than oft-corrupt band chiefs and councils.

This should go over well with most indigenous people (although, obviously, not the corrupt chiefs and councillors) and a good number of non-Indigenous citizens and voters.

Of course, the US government may not see it this way, although Mr Goodale does acknowledge that in the article:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/marijuana-border-goodale-1.4594433

No reason legalized pot should prompt tighter screening at U.S. border: Goodale

Joan Bryden · The Canadian Press · Posted: Mar 26, 2018 8:17 PM ET | Last Updated: March 26

https://www.spencerfernando.com/2018/03/27/despicable-bill-morneau-calls-lisa-raitt-neanderthal/

DESPICABLE: Bill Morneau Calls Lisa Raitt A “Neanderthal”

News Spencer Fernando March 27, 2018

SUNNY WAYS.

Canada’s most unpopular cabinet minister Bill ‘Moneybags’ Morneau is facing massive criticism for his comments toward Conservative Deputy Leader Lisa Raitt during questions at the Standing Committee on Finance.

When Raitt referred to the 2018 Trudeau budget a “cynical political gesture” that was all about “buying votes,” – a point many others have made considering the immense amount of virtue-signalling and absence of common-sense in the most recent budget – Morneau arrogantly referred to Raitt as a “neanderthal.”

Jarnhamar said:
Another insulting and aggravating call from the Conservative party badgering me to donate money.

I've not had a phone call in many months (I cannot remember when the last one was).

I do get occasional e-mails, and respond with my concerns to a few of them, and comment that I am waiting to see some real performance in those areas of particular interest to me after past disappointments (in particular with the failure to repeal and replace the Firearms Act while able, and fishing for votes in the Firearms Community with tidbits for bait) prior to donating.

Deleted my post instead of modify, long day.

I haven't had one in a while either. I really thought this girl was a robot then fake caller. She was the worst.  After the 4th or 5th time asking me how much I was giving and me asking questions she said she would call back and hung up on me.

In Dec and Jan I think I was at a call every 5 days or so... They were getting very persistent and wouldn't take a no. I told myself next call that I get push back when I say no, I'll tell them I'm never donating again. Next call I got an extremely apologetic woman asking if I would give a bit, and if not that was fine. So I gave a bit and have backed down a bit from my previous stance, but I'm rather unimpressed with the fundraising drives lately. If the party goes back to badgering I'm done donating directly to them.

I'm a member of both the Fed and Provincial Conservatives. It's pretty simple really, I've never provided them my phone number. So I don't get called. If you have given it to them, block the number. I have a special spam folder for them that I look at once a week. It intercepts the emails before they hit my mail program. If something serious is going on, I'll get it  by other means.

recceguy said:
I'm a member of both the Fed and Provincial Conservatives. It's pretty simple really, I've never provided them my phone number. So I don't get called. If you have given it to them, block the number. I have a special spam folder for them that I look at once a week. It intercepts the emails before they hit my mail program. If something serious is going on, I'll get it  by other means.

That's actually a great idea. I've been with them for years but didn't sign up the last time I moved because I was getting tired of all the communications. Might do that when I get home.

:cheers:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/poll-tracker-federal-poll-averages-and-seat-projections-1.4171977?cmp=FB_Post_News

Yikes.  Lots of head scratching going on in the Liberal fortress these days I would imagine.  How could it all go so badly that even the CBC is running the stats ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back