• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Phonies!!!

I've got a story where I was the phony.  I was at a bar with a few friends and before we went in we made an agreement that if were were asked about any of the others we'd back them up on whatever story we were being asked about.  So I was talking to a girl in the bar who obviously had no taste (she was talking to me after all).  So within 2-3 min of meeting her she says "So your in the military?  How much do you get paid?"  So obviously she's looking for a meal ticket.  I tell here I'm a member of the C.H.I.M.P.S.  It's kind of like the Navy S.E.A.L.S. only the Canadian version.  So of course she asks what it stands for and I tell her Canadian High Intensity Military Parachute Squadron.  She of course is suitably impressed after asking my buddies if I was telling the truth or not and them backing me up.  Needless to say the relationship didn't go anywhere.

Another time I had a girl convinced that I was a cruise missile test pilot.  She asked what happened after the flight was over.  I said "I Die" and then proceded to break up laughing with all my buddies.  Needless to say I got a shot in the arm and no phone number for that.

IntelligenceBranch_new.gif

Not everyone can recognize the Int cap badge when they first see it. After all, how many of us are there?

Anyways, the best "explanation" I ever heard being given was that it's the "Deep Space Recce" badge. The star in the middle starts it off.. The green represents our home planet Earth, the red represents the sands of Mars, while the white stripe, obviously, represents the Milky Way.

Must be an Int weenie thing.  ;D

I never heard that before...Priceless!! ;D

~RoKo~ said:
..snipitty-snip...

Anyways, the best "explanation" I ever heard being given was that it's the "Deep Space Recce" badge. The star in the middle starts it off.. The green represents our home planet Earth, the red represents the sands of Mars, while the white stripe, obviously, represents the Milky Way.

Must be an Int weenie thing.   ;D

That's hilarious!  You can even mention "Project Polar Star", a real and publicly-referenced-by-name-by-DND project between CSA and DND...bury a shred of truth in it, and you've got you mark...well..."marked"...  ;D

Mind you, I suspect that most of us in our younger years fibbed a bit to gain social acceptance, etc...I used to tells guys I had a Vette in highschool, which wasn't true.  I don't know what the heck I was thinking....I'm a 440-powered Mopar guy!

Cheers,
Duey

~RoKo~ said:
IntelligenceBranch_new.gif

Not everyone can recognize the Int cap badge when they first see it. After all, how many of us are there?

Must be an Int weenie thing.   ;D

Heard that one on BCIC last year  :D

Never gets old.

Regards

Quote,
I used to tells guys I had a Vette...
Well I did have a Vette, it was a special one that started with chev....

Back