• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Personal Wpns. policy?

What‘s the CF‘s policy towards you owning your own guns, but not using them while in uniform? Could you keep one of your own guns on base?

The CF does not have a problem with private ownership.When I lived in the shacks in Pet a number of us had our own weapons and we had them in the weapons lockup. Whether thats still the case or not I am not sure but when I first put them in I had to provide proof of my FAC and ownership certificate of the weapon whether it was restricted or not. Since the new gun laws the CF has never made an issue of me owning anything, then again I live in my own house so I would like them to try and tell me otherwise.

If you‘re in the Reg force and living on base, there are certain regulations about use and storage of personal weapons. If you want to know what they are, then speak to your friendly neighbourhood MPs; they‘ll know.

Last time, I talked to gagetown, becuase I was thinking of moving, and I asked them about the storing of weapons, they said once you get into the unit, ask your CO. About in the Unit Lockers.

It‘s just me, I dont trust my guns, with a locker where alot of ppl got the keys and in touching range, and able to take stuff off. Heard too many stories. I found a person that will let me store them off base, for me.

Back