• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Personal weapons training BMQ Reserve

Vimy_gunner

Inactive
Reaction score
Okay, so I've spent a tonne of hours researching on several topics, but I'd like to find a direct answer on this one.

I'm going into Artillery Reserves and I'm curious how much time is spent with maintenance, firing, and any other small arms weapons training done while in the Reserve BMQ.  I'm doing the ten straight wknd's bmq if that helps.

I love shooting guns and did quite a bit of hunting in my youth days and I'm hoping lots of practice is done :)  :cdn:

Anyone currently or recently done some Reserve BMQ that could shed some light on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Vimy_gunner said:
Okay, so I've spent a tonne of hours researching on several topics, but I'd like to find a direct answer on this one.

I'm going into Artillery Reserves and I'm curious how much time is spent with maintenance, firing, and any other small arms weapons training done while in the Reserve BMQ.  I'm doing the ten straight wknd's bmq if that helps.

I love shooting guns and did quite a bit of hunting in my youth days and I'm hoping lots of practice is done :)  :cdn:

Anyone currently or recently done some Reserve BMQ that could shed some light on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Vimy_gunner,

If you take some more time to search through BMQ topics, you will find the answer you're looking for and I sugges that you look at the SQ topics as well to get a more rounded answer.

Vimy_gunner said:

Cheers!
Just saying, but if you call them "guns" on course, you'll be lynched.

You really won't get a lot of weapons experiance on BMQ. You will get trained on how to maintain the weapon, ie clean/lube, etc aswell as stripping/dissambling/reasembling the weapon. And unless our Basic Training has changed you will spend very little time on the range, probably just one weekend. When I went through Basic we had 1 day as a practice, get used to firing the weapons, zero them, etc and the next day was our PWT 1 qualification shoot. An during your FTX you will get to fire blank rounds.

Compared to other Militarys marksmanship training program in Basic Training ours is pretty weak IMO.

Nauticus said:
Just saying, but if you call them "guns" on course,

He did say he was going artillery - so perhaps he is talking about the large bore weapons?  ;D

Back