• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pension Plan

hauger

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi.  Quick question with a hopeful quick answer.  How can a member tell what pension plan they're on (by that I mean 20 v. 25 year plan).  There's debate over beers among my peers that joined the same day as to which plan we're on.  Does it show on EMMA somewhere, or do I have to bother someone at the orderly room.

Thanks.

You will have had to be serving in the Regular Force before 28 Feb 2007 to be eligible to have your pension terms grandfathered.

See link to pdf flowchart at this page.)

Thanks Mike.  I'm looking at the flowchart now (joined early 2004).  I make it pretty far down but get slotted off at "Did Member have at least 10 years of Regular Force Pensionable Service on March 1, 2007?", so I guess I'm forced under "new benefit rules" whatever that means.

The fuzzy bit is I never signed anything committing me to the new 25 year plan.  I was hoping there was a line on the MPRR that in some cryptic code said "you are on the XX plan".

Also, just to be clear, this is more for curious information only.  I'm many, many years away from retirement.

Micheal
Thanks for posting the flow chart.It has caused me to be a bit alerted.I DID NOT have 10 years service in at march 1st 2007.However on my MPRR it states I'm on my IE20.

However I did sign my IE 20 prior to 2007.My troop warrant basically asked me if I was planning on staying in after my second BE.With 6 years in I signed my IE.

I'm guessing I'm still grandfathered as that's the contract I signed?If so there are other circumstances not outlined on that flow chart.

MPRR

3rd block down ( military data)

"Retirement plan"

Back