• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pelvic Fractures

Izzie

Inactive
Reaction score
I've been on PAT platoon in St-Jean for over one year because of pelvic fractures, which take quite a while to heal and was wondering, why they are med releasing me under a permanent category if it is not a permanent injury?  Can they do that?  What can I do now, I already have my release date.  Any info on this topic would be of great help to me and would be much appreciated.

Izzie said:
I've been on PAT platoon in St-Jean for over one year because of pelvic fractures, which take quite a while to heal and was wondering, why they are med releasing me under a permanent category if it is not a permanent injury?

Without access to your medical chart and a chance to review your case any answer would be speculative at best. While the injury itself may not be permanent, the follow on implications and limitations of the injury may, either of which can make you unfit for continued service.

Izzie said:
Can they do that?

Yes.

Izzie said:
What can I do now, I already have my release date.  Any info on this topic would be of great help to me and would be much appreciated.

You should have received a disclosure package that outlines your options and gives you the opportunity to respond. At the very least, you should have a case manager at the base medical clinic who can advise you on your next course of action.

Check out this thread - http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/18843.0/all.html

It may help.  Are they releasing you 3b?

Search on the site for terms like:
Universality of service
DMed/Pol
DMCARM
PCAT
release

etc.etc...

Did you hurt yourself on course?  Did you fill out a CF98?  Have you been given a case manager?  Have you been referred to Veteran Affairs?

Well, I've figured out some things, and talked to some people and I actually may be able to get back on platoon instead of get released, which is my main goal now, so thanx for all the info and I'm going to try again! Can't wait!!! Thanx a lot. ;)

Back