• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Peacekeeper Compression Sack

D

D-n-A

Was wondering if any of you have had experiance with this item, an what you thought of it.
I'm thinking about buying it to replace my issue valaise

http://www.canadianpeacekeeper.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=5026

if your going to put your sleeping bag inside your pack then I'd say get an off the shelf one for half the price or less.
If strapping to the outside of your pack then the CADPAT version is nice.

http://www.backcountrygear.com/catalog/accessdetail.cfm/GG1004

is just one example, granted maybe not the best unless your keeping the bag inside a pack. as it's a little light weight.
And for military field use durablity is a ncie feature, but so is weight, so look for both if possible.

Is Canada still using them big a** down bags?  or going to something a bit more hi-tech?
I've heard that some Intragal Design sleeping bags are in the system now.

Granted Down has it's advantages, but wet weather isn't one of them, I perfer Synthetic bags.

The sack you posted looks good, but I won't be able to use it. We keep our valaises outside attached to the ruck, not inside our rucksack. I'm not going for the CADPAT compression sack, just the OD one, its cheaper, an OD is still good, plus everything else on my ruck is OD, so it won't stick out. And yes we still use the down filled sleeping bags.

pappy said:
if your going to put your sleeping bag inside your pack then I'd say get an off the shelf one for half the price or less.
If strapping to the outside of your pack then the CADPAT version is nice.

http://www.backcountrygear.com/catalog/accessdetail.cfm/GG1004

is just one example, granted maybe not the best unless your keeping the bag inside a pack. as it's a little light weight.
And for military field use durablity is a ncie feature, but so is weight, so look for both if possible.

Is Canada still using them big a** down bags?   or going to something a bit more hi-tech?
I've heard that some Intragal Design sleeping bags are in the system now.

Granted Down has it's advantages, but wet weather isn't one of them, I perfer Synthetic bags.

The down sleeping bag is great when you combine it with the goretex bivvy bag... though I certainly wouldn't deny that it could do with improvement... a liner that doesn't attempt to strangle it's occupent would be great, and as long as they're replacing it, might as well make it polar fleece, or at least somthing other then cotton.

this Compression sack is just a compression sack, nothing special, except its in CADPAT. If you can't find one elsewhere, then get this one. As its made to go inside a pack, why do you need it in CADPAT?

If its for your ruck, get the Valise version instead.

Well apparently it can be attached to their patrol pack on the outside so...

I didn't find the valise version on the website, I'll take a look in their catalogue in bit.

Anyways, I was gonna use the compression sack as a valise and have it on the outside of my ruck. Also, if I get it, I'm not getting the CADPAT one, they have a OD version aswell.

I have the CadPat wheelers valise (CanPeaceKeeper). It is the Cat's Ass!

I have the same cadpat wheelers Valise. The only thing I would like to change with the design is wider compression straps.all in all a good piece of kit

You may find yourself getting a little colder if you use a compression sack with our down filled s bag. When you put it in the normal valice, it's supposed to be stuffed in, not rolled. This allows the bag to breathe a little and dry out. It also allows the feathers to fluff a bit, adding to the insulation value. Compressing the bag will pack and compress the feathers and not allow it to dry or breathe properly. Don't know how much it will affect it, but it definitely will. I use a Thermolite Denali Ultimate bag made by Slumberjack. It's good to -7 C and packs about the same size (and weight) as a ranger blanket.

With the Thermolite bag you can combo it with a fleece liner and bivy bag, which totalled, is still smaller and lighter than the issue stuff. If it's still too cool, leave your fleece pants and shirt on. Nothing is perfect.

Thanks for the information guys.

The Thermolite Denali Ultimate bag  might be something I'll look into, I'm assuming any good sports store with a camping section would have them?

Don't  know about Canada. Bought mine at Gander Mountain, in Detroit. About $70.00 US. The fleece liner, same as the Wheelers Peacekeeper one is $8 or 9.00 US.

I got the compression sack last week, nice kit it fits
1 ranger blanket
1 combat shirt
1 pair of combat pants
1 soft hat
1 toque
2 pair liner socks (black)
2 pair outer socks (green)
1 pair outer socks (grey)
1 pair of poly pro long johns (top/bottoms)
2 pairs of boxers
1 pair of gortex socks
1 set head/neck warmers
1 tshirt
2 issue handkerchiefs
And thats all in the small compression sack not the valise

I have both the CP compression sac and the valise.I find I never use the compression sac it's really too small to Carry much.When I got it the idea was to use it on patrols or op's but since your bringing the valise out any way... in the summer  with a poncho liner fleece liner and air mattress the commpresion straps on the valise reduce the size just fine and in winter its more than ample.

Back