• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pay Issues, split from Re: Just finished reserve infantry DP1, now what?-survival guide

Rider12

Inactive
Reaction score
First off, excellent thread. Great advice, thanks!

I'm a Class A reservist just recently sworn in so I don't know if this is the place to post. Let me know if I need to move this.

Anyway, I'm having a problem that relates to getting paid. Actually, I havn't received any pay at all from the day I was sworn in (May 5)

I've submitted a pay inquiry and all that but its been 3 weeks and no word from the BOR.I understand that the unit is stood down for summer and that pay fuckups can be a problem in the reserves but is it normal to wait this long without any word? I have inquired once but I just got the "We'll get to it" speech. I don't know about everybody else, but if I commit time plus 2 hrs of commuting each parade, I would like to be paid.

Anybody else had this problem?

Thanks!

Sadly, pay problems in the Reserves aren't new, and neither is the difficulty of getting admin sorted out during the summer tasking season.

I would suggest the first thing you need to do is ask to speak to the unit Chief Clerk (or whoever the senior clerk still in the BOR for the summer is).  He (or she) will be the overall supervisor for the unit end of pay admin, and should be able to figure out what needs to be done.  Before you approach the CC, put together all of the relevant information, including  the approximate dates you have spoken to people about this and to whom.  That gives the CC a background in what you have already tried to do to get things sorted out.

Ask what else you have to do.  Simply, the answer should be "nothing", but it also makes them acknowledge that the next steps belong to your unit to execute.

Also compile a list of the dates you have worked, to the best of your memory.  When you are talking to the CC, ask about a pay advance to cover things until the system does get sorted out.

If that doesn't work. Ask through your chain of command for an interview, by phone if it's simplest, with your CSM or Company Commander to explain how you have tried to deal with the Orderly Room and gotten no results.

I find it strange that you have not received any pay in the last 6 weeks.  How many days of training have you signed a pay sheet for?  Have you submitted your commuting assistance claims?  Based on your enrollment date you would have missed the 15 May pay day, so you should have seen monies on the 30th of May and the 15th of Jun if you worked and signed pay sheets.

I have yet to meet a clerk who would not do there utmost to ensure a member got paid what they were owed.  Talk to you Chief Clerk with all your dates that you worked.

SGT-RMSCLK said:
I find it strange that you have not received any pay in the last 6 weeks.  How many days of training have you signed a pay sheet for?  Have you submitted your commuting assistance claims?  Based on your enrollment date you would have missed the 15 May pay day, so you should have seen monies on the 30th of May and the 15th of Jun if you worked and signed pay sheets.

I have yet to meet a clerk who would not do there utmost to ensure a member got paid what they were owed.  Talk to you Chief Clerk with all your dates that you worked.

I have... no names no pack drill.....

Thanks for the replies, everybody . I signed the pay sheets and filled out all necessary forms. Those were the first questions I got nailed with at the BOR lol. I'm going to talk to the CC tomorrow and see what can be done. I may be on BMQ for August so I hope it's done by then.

Thanks again!

My apologies if there is a forum already discussing this as I have not found any. I sworn into 39 cer reserve regiment on Dec/12/12 and have been attending part time BMQ and weekly training nights at my regiment. The issue is I have not received any payment to date and I am just curious as if this is normal or if I should contact my chain of command.

Thank-you
Pte Burk

darcyburk said:
My apologies if there is a forum already discussing this as I have not found any. I sworn into 39 cer reserve regiment on Dec/12/12 and have been attending part time BMQ and weekly training nights at my regiment. The issue is I have not received any payment to date and I am just curious as if this is normal or if I should contact my chain of command.

Thank-you
Pte Burk

Class A Pay is always two weeks behind (1-15 of the month should be on end month pay while 16-30/31 will be on mid-month pay of the following month), if you don't get anything on this pay run (Jan 30) I would then bring this up to your section commander....

darcyburk said:
39 cer reserve regiment on Dec/12/12

"39 CER" or "39 Combat Engineer Regiment". One should be able to get one's unit's name right.

I presume that you really mean 2014 rather than 2012, as two years without pay would be rather extreme.

It may take a little more than a month before receiving your first pay, especially given the Christmas holiday, but hopefully it no longer takes many months as it did when I started out like you. An evening's pay, then, was $3.20, and a full day's was $6.40.

darcyburk said:

You might want to change your username to improve personal security, and not use your real name and rank. Or any rank.

I might as well ask my question here instead of making a new thread. My apologies if I am in the wrong.
So my first real full work day was back in december for a christmas dinner, and I had 2 more RIC training nights and 2 weekends of reserve BMQ before today which is 6 days of BMQ.
I just wanted to be sure is the pay today or tommorow on the 31st? I'm asking this because i got a direct deposit into my bank account but it is significantly lower compared to the days of work I had today.

It should be deposited today as today is the last working day before the end of the month.

It is also dependent on whether or not your OR entered the your pay sheets into RPSR in time for the end month pay, which if memory servers, is around the 20th.

NFLD Sapper said:
It should be deposited today as today is the last working day before the end of the month.
Yikes then something must be wrong. Because my deposit is really low...its the first one I had.
Should I call my unit or speak to the Corporal in charge of my section at my unit to sort this out?
SGT-RMSCLK said:
It is also dependent on whether or not your OR entered the your pay sheets into RPSR in time for the end month pay, which if memory servers, is around the 20th.
That may be it since I started my reserve training on the 16th, and had my 2nd RIC night this tuesday.
I'll just have to ask to my buddies from my unit that are doing BMQ with me then.

Troubleman24 said:
Yikes then something must be wrong. Because my deposit is really low...its the first one I had.
Should I call my unit or speak to the Corporal in charge of my section at my unit to sort this out?That may be it since I started my reserve training on the 16th, and had my 2nd RIC night this tuesday.
I'll just have to ask to my buddies from my unit that are doing BMQ with me then.

Call your Corporal or your OR and get a Printout of your Pay.  Then have them go over it with you to explain what all the DEDUCTIONS are, such as how much you are paying in Taxes, how much you are paying for EI, Mess Dues, etc.

George Wallace said:
Call your Corporal or your OR and get a Printout of your Pay.  Then have them go over it with you to explain what all the DEDUCTIONS are, such as how much you are paying in Taxes, how much you are paying for EI, Mess Dues, etc.
I'll definitely do that. Sorry for asking but what OR stands for?

Orderly Room.

Talk to one of the Clerks as they will have more knowledge of what everything will be on the printout.  They will also explain how and when they submit the pay for processing.

Back